Katydid on fern frond

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    This appeared this morning while I was having coffee sitting in my swing. Never could get the katydid to pose for me in a good profile with everything in focus. Here it is anyway.

[​IMG]

My best,
    Jerry Snider

2. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    This pic has been changed--something weird happened to the color of the original download. Also, in the first pic the critter was missidentified. Got a better look and photo this afternoon.
    Jerry Snider

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow the colors of green

Great image.

4. Jerry,

Looks like you are getting a better feel for the D2x and for post processing the RAW files. Very nice.

5. Jerry
    you have outstanding presentation with these pictures. How does one get the data to show at the bottom of each file as you do?

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jerry,

Very well composed and presented. I love the way the Katydid stands out on the fore and background fern fronds. 8)

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Dave,
    the software is called printEXIF from Joseph Colson. Don't remember from where I downloaded it, but I find it very helpful for providing essential information to share with others. Perhaps someone else on this site can recall the download site. It's free, of course.
    Jerry Snider

8. I like this one better Jerry, nicely done, good job on getting the antenae in the picture.

Martin

9. Hey, that's a nice one!

10. Very nice green color and sharpness.

11. Neil

Neil

Jul 8, 2005
    Douglasville, GA
  12. No wonder those puppy's are so hard to find, talk about camoflage. Excellent image Jerry.