1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kayak rodeo or playboating

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by jbr13, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Nantahala Gorge is one of the top rated paddling spots in the US is just down the road, and it looks fun!!!

As one bystander described it "These guys go out and get stuck in the wave and do everything they can to get out"

I caught a few kayakers out practicing for an upcoming event. These guys pull flips, cartwheels, spins and rolls to score points. You would think the X-Games would pick this up!

352777985_oxXij-L-1.

352491851_yFgFA-L-1.

352499920_YfvLq-L-1.

352511888_KYvNx-L-1.

352505009_F3RmQ-L-1.

Enjoy
    J

2. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Very nice work! It's a great place to play and take pictures.

I've been paddling for three decades now and what some of these play boaters pull off just amazes me.

3. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    cool shots Jason

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

.... wow..... these guys are insane.... looks like they were a LOT of fun to shoot though

5. Thanks topher, it was a lot of fun for me. I really enjoy action sports. I can't wait til the actual event coming on the 23rd of this month.

J

6. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

jason ... here's an idea..... do you think you can mount a small strobe somewhere for fill ? That may help these guys pop right out of the water a bit more

7. Topher, It would be nice if I could. I will try with it on camera at the event. They are out in the middle of the stream, and my D50 with SB600 can't remote fire. Like I said I am planning on trying some fill flash off the shoe next time.

J

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.