Kayaking at Sunrise

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DMcG, Jul 30, 2005.

1. I couldn't figure out whether to stick this in Landscapes, sport or people so it ended up here :)

One for Sandi...

The same beach just down from work where I take a lot of my sunrise shots - except early on Sunday morning.
    This was just the jpeg from the D70 - unfiltered, just cropped.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice image...using filtration or is that the natural color of the sunrise?

3. Oh Dougie, take me there!!!! That looks sooooo beautiful!!! I just love sunrise paddles - so peaceful, calm.
    Thankyou for this. *must set alarm and do sunrise paddle on Monday - have to play golf tomorrow, tough life!*

4. Glad you liked it :)
    The water might be a tad cold though, it's still winter down this end of the globe (although there was someone in swimming, so "cold" is a relative term).

Frank, the shot is unfiltered, this is straight natural sunrise - about 10 minutes after the sun had cleared the horizon. The sun is just out of shot, top centre. I was suprised I didn't get any lens flare at all - gotta love the D70 kit lens !

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Is that Sandi ??????? :>))))))

Beautiful. timing could not be better

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Hey Sandy
    Do you know how golf got it's name?

All the other 4 letter words were taken :D

7. Dave, that is SOOOOOO funny! and true!!! I actually call it Swing and Swear! Before I got into it, I used to think it was the dumbest game in town.

Gale, you can tell that's NOT me in that shot because the kayak is sitting so high in the water! LOL With all my gear, mine sits fairly low. I'm usually out for about 10-12 hours so I've got lunch, snacks, fruit, 4 litres of water, beach mat, blankie, binoculars, emergency gear, emergency clothing, and THEN all the camera equipment, portable storage, batteries, power cells, etc etc etc. You should see the way I can pack that boat! Sure wish it was me in the pic though..... I'd love to try paddling some NZ waters....

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Boy Sandi,

NZ is beautiful.. That would be a treat.

Thats a ton of gear Gal !!!!!!