1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kaylee, 2 years ago today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nuteshack, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

my youngest, Kaylee (8 years old at the time) went under the knife to remove a rather large brain tumor (medulloblastoma). it was the toughest 10.5 hours of my life.

a photographic chronicle of her battle and victory over brain cancer. the site was last updated nov 07

http://picasaweb.google.com/nuteshack/Kaylee

i can't thank u all enough for the kind thoughts, encouraging words, letters and gifts for Kaylee. and of course, your prayers! it was one miracle after another that kept her alive. She's doing fantastic!

God bless u all

2779898539_ed9b713b17_o.
    NIKON D200    ---    85mm    f/1.8    1/750s    ISO 160

:Love:

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    That photo makes me so happy! I remember that first post you made when Kaylee went into the hospital. I know many prayers were said...and answered!

Thanks for sharing your little girl with us. We love her so much!

3. no words...other than God Bless....

4. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    Beautiful image(s), Mark. Lots of emotions in the eyes. You have got to be very proud and happy at the same time. You all made it through what is probably the most difficult hurdle in your lives. Glad to see she is doing fantastic! I don't suspect anything can make you happier. You're a terrific father and the perfect photographer to document such a miracle.

5. Kaylee looks fantastic, and what a miriacle it has been. One I followed closely and which your photographing the trails was extrodinary . God bless you and your family.
    Tim

6. Beautiful girl, and an inspirational story. She should get a medal for bravery.

So should you and your wife.

7. Glad to see her pretty smile, she must be a tough little lady, for that is a hard path to travel.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
  8. Amen to all of the above. She is a lovely girl. There were many prayers.

9. senna

senna

Jan 6, 2007
    San Jose Ca.
    nute this is the best photo I have seen on the cafe in a long time. Those eyes say alot abought how happy and relieved she is.:biggrin:

10. Good to hear, Nute... haven't seen any pics of her in a while. :smile:

11. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Was truly a miricle. We'd all do well to have 1% of the strength she showed, I remember. She fought the hard hard fight and won. Yeah!

12. This is the first I've heard of this but I'd just like to say that it's wonderful that everything turned out great. I don't know if there's many things in this world worse than cancer.

13. I know the story well and felt your pain and concern along the way. Kaylee is a brave girl who has been through much in her young life. I wish her every blessing that she so richly deserves.

14. I'm thankful that Kaylee is doing so well. And that her courage and that of her family has pulled her through. All the best.

15. brooksro

brooksro

Dec 29, 2007
    USA, California
    Excellent

16. How wonderful to see Kaylee looking so well - miracles do happen.
    May I pass a link to your sites to a family here whose young man is in a similar position requiring at least a years treatment? PM me please.

17. God Bless Kaylee, and her family.

18. She is such an inspiration to me....and so are you!! Thank you for letting us share in your incredible story. The power of your faith has touched many people's hearts.

19. Cheers to you both, Nute.

Eric

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks so much for the kind words, everyone! and please, if the Lord lead u, continue to pray for Kaylee, for us. we still have much to overcome!

;-)))

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.