Keene Valley Barn - HDR's

After the recent two feet of snow in the Adirondacks, I took a run up to the Lake Placid area today. For some reason, I'm always drawn to this barn in Keene Valley. I took a few 3-bracket handheld HDR's with the 24-120/f4 lens today (processed in HDR Efex Pro), but I can't decide which one I like best. (EDIT: I added a 4th Image)

So, I thought that I'd ask for opinions here:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. New Image

Last edited by a moderator:
I like #2 the most, doesn't seem as cluttered & mountains in background stand out better. I was first drawn to #1 but seems a little cluttered. #3 shadows in foreground seem to be a distraction?
JMO.
All three are very nice quality, beautiful lighting, I enjoy looking at your website.

Last edited by a moderator:
#2 best IMO. But I like #3 a lot as well. If the snow wasn't so textured on the bottom left, it would probably be my favorite. But it keeps me looking there, instead of up the line to the barn.

I like #2 and #3. #3 a bit more than #2 due to the single branch from the tree covering over part of the front of the barn. Nice work with the HDR.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys! Of the original 3 images I posted, I think that I like #2 the best. I agree that #1 is a bit cluttered, and on #3 the barn seems a bit too small (far away).

I added a 4th image that required a bit of editing. (Excessive ghosting in some areas). Overall I think that I like this composition the best now (as long as my editing was effective enough. - I'm no Photoshop guru!)

Wondering what you guys think!

Thanks.

I like #1 the best. The surroundings really tell the story in that image.

#2 is nice, but I don't like the branch covering the building in that area where there are some details (door, window), and the right side of the image doesn't have anything in it to help anchor the image and tell the story.

After the recent two feet of snow in the Adirondacks, I took a run up to the Lake Placid area today. For some reason, I'm always drawn to this barn in Keene Valley. I took a few 3-bracket handheld HDR's with the 24-120/f4 lens today (processed in HDR Efex Pro), but I can't decide which one I like best. (EDIT: I added a 4th Image)

So, I thought that I'd ask for opinions here:

http://www.adirondackfoto.com/photo...rondackfoto.com/photos/1212017011_WGbHZ-L.jpg
#1 is too busy
#2 would've been my top pick but the branch on the barn takes that away. #4 just not feeling that much

So #3 is the winner
Great job.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom