Keep or sell lenses

Hello

I have the dilemma of whether to keep or sell my lenses. I currently have a D5000 and intend to upgrade to a D600.

Going full frame would it be worth keeping the 55-200mm and 35mm F/1.8 to use on the d600?? I intend to keep my 50mm F/1.4G and i will be purchasing a 85mm F/1.8 possibly at the same time i buy the D600.

So, should i sell the 55-200mm and 35mm or keep to use them on the D600?? I rarely use these lenses now as the 50mm lives on my camera.

thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
if your not using them then sell them. Both are useable on the D600 but there is light vignetting with both, which looks nice but may give you issues if you crop the photos.

Keep them and use on the new body if it has a crop mode or you can manually crop in PS.

None are earth shaking lenses . I have tried them all on FX and am not pleased.

As you save funds, buy FX lenses and use them as trades.

50 and 85 1.8 G would be first on my list.

There are no decent 35 Nikkor G on the inexpensive side. Settle for 28 G or screw drive AF 28 2.8 while you wait for something better. 28 2.8 manual focus that goes to .7 meter is a great lens with almost no distortion. For pure optical quality, it is up there with the best. I have two. This one was an all out effort by the Nikon engineers with lots of elements and close range focus correction. Do not accept a substitute.

35 2.0 and 2.8 manual focus are quite nice.

I guess it comes down to do you need auto focus with wide lenses.

Up to you if you want third party lenses. I would not own one for lots of reasons.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom