KEH sidewalk sale Sept 13

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TomP, Sep 8, 2008.

1. For those who might live near Atlanta Ga. KEH is moving, and will hold a sidewalk sale on Saturday, Sept 13. let us know if they Had some good deals, and a some pictures would be cool. You might wear your Nikon Cafe hats.:smile:

2. A bump for the late comers today.

3. I live in Marietta and I might try and go. Anyone else going? I have been out of the loop for a while now so I probably wouldn't know a good deal if it hit me in the face!

4. wow.....
    i'd LOVE to be there
    you just never know what you could buy there

so....
    to where are they moving?
    thanks for the thread

5. Hope this helps....LINK

Looks like bigger building. Business must be good!

6. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    They got a LOT of my money

7. Jon Neely

Jon Neely

Sep 1, 2008
    Fresno, Ca
    Im so jealous, I have spent near $2000 at keh in the last month, and now they are having a huge sale, dang, well I couldnt go anyways. Whoever is lucky enough to go to thing, I would defiantly go.

Jon

8. Tom, if you get a chance, tell them that moving to a new store doesn't solve their biggest problem. They need to update their virtual store. Their website is terrible. They should try using their own search engine to find a lens.

9. You hit the nail on the head! If they updated their website they could double their sales in under a year! I hate searching for things on their site....

10. Website

I just spoke with Arthur at KEH to order a Voigtlander Vitessa camera [that I had been trying to find for 3 years] and mentioned in passing that I had read about the move and comments about the effectiveness of the search function in their website. He mentioned that concurrent with the move, that there will be a brand new website that will give better access to the inventory.

11. Excellent. I like them as a company, and had one good transaction with them. But their website is so awkward that it has discouraged me from doing any more business with them.

12. Is there anymore news about how good of a sale this will be? I hate when I go to a "sale" and it's nothing more than other companies regular prices. What range of discounts are people expecting?

13. Does anyone know if this is by invite only or for anyone to attend?

14. While I think it was only sent to customers with a GA. address, I am sure they would not turn any greenback away from their till:biggrin:

15. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    What luck...my wife has a hair appointment that day so I have some free time. I'm going to be going and looking to see what they have in their inventory. I hope to come home with a good deal on an 300 f/2.8 lens...but I'll take anything else that might be a good deal.

Conversly, if anyone is looking for a particular lens I'll be happy to buy it for you and ship it to you if you cover the shipping costs. Just tell me what price you want to pay and I will keep an eye out for it. PM me your wishlist.

16. Wish i could be there Dave. Didn't you post the Photobarn thread. I went there after reading that, they are great people, very nice, I picked up a few odd and ends, and fell in love with a new CF Bogen pod. Next time I get back to Atlanta I may have to pick up that pod:smile:

17. whyhan

whyhan

Jun 14, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    For those of you going, share the moment with your fellow less fortunate members who can't be there by posting some pics :tongue:

I think i'm developing keh-sidewalk-sale lust :redface:

18. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I'll take my D300 and 17-55 and post some shots for you later that night so you can see everything that they have.

I've also written down some lenses that I am interested in either for myself or others and their prices on the website, this way I can see if it really is a "Sale" or just moving everything out on the sidewalk so people can shop for it in person but the price is the same type of sale.

19. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    I don't think so Tom...but then again I can't remember most things from last week much less further in the past.

20. than helps a lot
    sorry for my late reply

i'm glad that business is great for them... they deserve it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.