1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kelby Contest for Sports Shooters

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Aqualung, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Scott Kelby's running a contest for amateur sports photogs...grand prize is sideline access for the Florida State Seminoles (football) on Sept 12th. Sounds like all expenses paid, hmmmm, wonder if they'll loan some long glass :wink:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2009
  2. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Ooh, I think I'll enter this. Now, the question is what shot to choose to enter???

Anyone want to help me out?

3. Bubble

Bubble

Nov 3, 2007
    Anaheim, CA
    thanks for the info.

4. Ahh! I'll be at this game, and know Mike... kinda cool, maybe I'll get to meet Scott too. Haha cool contest!

5. supradedupra

supradedupra

Apr 26, 2008
    Florida
    Oh boy oh boy....

Mike was telling me about this contest the other day. But I think I'm disqualified from entering :D 

6. I'm in !!! Just submitted my picture.

It's my wedding anniversary on the 12th and my birthday the next day. If I win, let's hope my wife doesn't mind watching me on TV instead of dining with me in a nice downtown restaurant...

7. I've submitted! Here's my shot :) 

2973164189_dd715dfc9c_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

8. That's the one I submitted too !!! :biggrin:

Kidding aside, here's mine.

D2H_8880.jpg

9. luke_28

luke_28

May 12, 2008
    North
    In the video Scott says that they are going to rent some long glass for the winner to use. Best of luck to everyone.

10. MRCPix

MRCPix Guest

nice shoot guys. I entered also, but for some reason I can't upload images on here so I can't share.

11. Mike, the Cafe doesn't store images (to cut costs). You basically host them somewhere else, i.e. Flickr and put them between the [​IMG] tags.

12. And if you already posted it on Flickr, you can use the link from that site to show your submission here. I host mine on my site but James linked his from Flickr.

Here you go !

3795600108_967afe3fa2_o.jpg

13. Some excellent images.

I'm going to enter as well...

Anybody taking odds that a Cafe shooter will win?:biggrin:

14. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    It is a reasonable thought judging by the pics in there and what I've seen in here by various folks. Personally I'm struggling with which pic is my best. I've got a little time though.

15. Seems like a great contest. Too bad i have no chance hahaha against all of you that is. . . But i would love to use that lens theyre lending :biggrin: Anyways heres my submission. . .
    3430919162_a5e537199f.jpg

Got me more views on flickr then anything else has though :tongue:

16. ibcj

ibcj

Dec 19, 2006
    New York
    Here is mine.

3786970186_bce53a7668_b.jpg

17. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan

Sep 21, 2008
    Atlanta Ga
    Dave you've got Several that are worthy.

18. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    Someone else's gear? As in the 200-400 that they are "lending"? Or are you talking about someone being a caddy?

19. Right now some clarification is the second to last post here...Mike's post,

20. TANG0F0XTR0T

TANG0F0XTR0T

Jun 4, 2008
    UK
    Well hell, that changes everything! :biggrin: :tongue:

Yeah, I just read the post. I hear ya Randy. It doesn't sound as glamorous as I first thought. It's really a chance to be an apprentice it sounds like.

I would still enjoy the experience myself as I like college sports. It's still a learning experience for someone like me and although I've done several high school football games here in Texas, I would love to hit a game like the FSU game.

I'll probably submit my pic this weekend to get it over with. Picking your best shot is hard when you've never judged yourself before. There are about 400 entries as I write this post. I think there would be a lot more if they were giving away that 200-400. :474:

There are some other interesting posts on the contest site where Mike points out the person who has started some stuff over on SportsShooters. Apparently folks aren't happy about the contest. It has been narrowed down to one individual who he claims has a grudge against him from a lens dropping incident which I've seen posted on here before. It's a small world.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.