Ken-L is back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ken-L, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Well, at least I got home this afternoon......

It will take a while before I'm "really" back, and again I can't express to you all how much it meant to Anne and I to have such great support, and so many calls!

As reported, I have 6-weeks of IV therapy to go. I'm hooked up to a pump 24-hours a day. Ironically, it took the infection getting worse (and, worse it did get) before finally creating an abscess, that enabled the Drs to be able to culture it and find the right antibiotics.

Also, the infection interered with my marrow in creating Hemaglobin (a "normal" occurrence in severe infections), so it dropped to 10. (NormalValue, Male: 13.8 to 17.2 gm/dl). That makes me very tired..... but hopefully I'll begin to produce some more and won't need a transfusion.

I'm two-times lucky. Once to have made it to this point, and twice for having such good friends like you all out there.

PS Anne's results were A-okay!

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Glad to have you back Ken.

Thanks for being here. We missed you.

Regards,

3. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Glad your're back. Hopefully for good this time.

4. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    We're glad you're back, Ken! Take it easy, follow all those doctor's orders, and know you have a lot of friends pulling for you at the Cafe!

5. Woohoooo, good news - you're back and Anne's OK - this is a good day! Glad to see you on the boards, rest, eat well, and pace yourself.

6. Welcome back, Ken..... :smile: :smile: :smile: we're so glad you're here and happy to hear Anne is okay too.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. fks

fks

Apr 30, 2005
    sf bay area
    hi ken-

welcome back. take it easy, don't stress out, grab your camera and take some shots. as everyone knows, taking photos is great therapy :)

ricky

8. Ken, just read your email & PM. I am very very happy to learn that both you and Anne are doing fine. When you feel fit, pick up your camera and enjoy some shooting.

Welcome back. We miss you so much.

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Hi Ken :>))

Gee you made it home a day or two early.. That is really good news..

Know how tired and weak you are right now.

So glad to hear from you here.

Wishing you and Anne clear sailing from now on ..

Cheers and Hugs
    Gale

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. Welcome back Ken... "Strong as a Rock" we say in Greece and I wish you fast recovery so you can get back to your family and habbits...

To tell you the truth, you spooked us a little bit there, man...

12. Welcome home Ken! Get well soon.

Anthony

13. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome home and back to our community, Ken. I'm so glad to hear that your medical team has established the best course of action to cure the infection. Do your best to follow their every recommendation and you'll be back to 100% in no time at all. Please extend my well-wishes to Anne on her good news as well. Rest and chicken soup now...there will be plenty of time for other pleasures in the days to come.

Welcome back!

14. Welcome back to the Cafe Ken! One day at a time, my friend.

Rich

15. Ken,

Glad you're better. My 8 year old had a serious bone infection last summer as was IV antibiotics for 6 weeks. Now she's as good as new. Hope you will be too soon.

16. Welcoem back glad to hear you are on the path to recovery, you have a large family here pullign for ya. Listen to the docs pace yourslef and get out shotign in the near future.

17. Brew

Brew Guest

:biggrin: Glad to have you back and on the road to recovery!!!!!!!!

18. Good for you. Systemic infections are aweful. Hopefully you will be back on your feet in no time. Several years ago my mother got something similar from a simple staple punch in her finger. She was so glad to leave the hospital.

19. Awesome to have you back! Take it easy. Glad the doctors could start curing the right way!

20. avalanche161

avalanche161

May 17, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Great to have you back Ken!!! Rest up and follow the doctor's orders and I wish you both calm and happy days from this point forward!