1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kendall

Discussion in 'People' started by Seth, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Here's a shot I took Saturday at an Easter get together with some family at the in-laws house. I think the picture has more potential than what I brought out of it but I've been out of the game on processing and whatnot for a while and just trying to remember everything. =]

Anyhow, let me know what you think.

20070409205729_dsc_2907.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. I think it's technically flawed. The focus seems a touch off on his eyes...I really wish they were sharp. The composition is a mite awkward. You've captured a nice expression though and the colors and expsoure work well.

3. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Alright, thanks for the feedback.

4. I dont see a problem with it... :smile:

5. nice looking kid!

6. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Looks like a great photograph to me, but I'm not a pro or anything. I like the composition and the processing looks good to my eyes.

7. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Thanks Brian, Diego and Joshua.

I think I agree with Justin about the focus tho the more I look at it. Not quite as sharp as I'd have preferred.

8. I too agree with the focus, but otherwise it's a sweet shot. Keep posting... funny thing about this place is that people who hang out here seem to get much better in a very short amount of time.

9. If I may suggest, Crop off the right side of the picture a little to the right of the swings chain. I think this good picture would look great with the chains framing the image.

10. Great smile, but I agree with Bill. I want to make a vertical out of it, also with the chains as frame. I find myself wanting more image at the bottom to raise the eyes. The softness doesn't bother me.

Cheers,

Larry

11. Hiya, I took the liberty of applying my suggestion to your image. I hope you don't mind. I also lightened it a little and really brought out his blue eyes. I suspect the color now is more accurate...What do you think of it?

First Crop...
    455960766_1e47d232de_o.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Second Crop...
    View attachment 89809

I did the first crop uploaded it and then thought hmmm maybe a little tighter crop to make it a little more symetrical. I now like the second crop more.

YA LIKE?

12. Seth

Seth

Jun 6, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    I definitely do like the 2nd crop quite a bit. Most of my portraits on my site are using a similar composition to first one I posted but I'm not opposed to changing it up and trying others. I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the extra processing however. I do like the blue eyes being a little more pronounced but it may be a little much in other places.. like it looks like he may have lipstick on now to me. Is it just me? Cause it definitely could be. =]

Thanks again, I may go back and crop it and process it a bit differently and see what I get. I do appreciate all the feedback so far!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.