Kendall

Here's a shot I took Saturday at an Easter get together with some family at the in-laws house. I think the picture has more potential than what I brought out of it but I've been out of the game on processing and whatnot for a while and just trying to remember everything. =]

Anyhow, let me know what you think.

20070409205729_dsc_2907.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I think it's technically flawed. The focus seems a touch off on his eyes...I really wish they were sharp. The composition is a mite awkward. You've captured a nice expression though and the colors and expsoure work well.

G

Gr8Tr1x

Looks like a great photograph to me, but I'm not a pro or anything. I like the composition and the processing looks good to my eyes.

Thanks Brian, Diego and Joshua.

I think I agree with Justin about the focus tho the more I look at it. Not quite as sharp as I'd have preferred.

If I may suggest, Crop off the right side of the picture a little to the right of the swings chain. I think this good picture would look great with the chains framing the image.

Great smile, but I agree with Bill. I want to make a vertical out of it, also with the chains as frame. I find myself wanting more image at the bottom to raise the eyes. The softness doesn't bother me.

Cheers,

Larry

Hiya, I took the liberty of applying my suggestion to your image. I hope you don't mind. I also lightened it a little and really brought out his blue eyes. I suspect the color now is more accurate...What do you think of it?

First Crop...
455960766_1e47d232de_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Second Crop...
View attachment 89809

I did the first crop uploaded it and then thought hmmm maybe a little tighter crop to make it a little more symetrical. I now like the second crop more.

YA LIKE?

I definitely do like the 2nd crop quite a bit. Most of my portraits on my site are using a similar composition to first one I posted but I'm not opposed to changing it up and trying others. I'm not sure I'm completely sold on the extra processing however. I do like the blue eyes being a little more pronounced but it may be a little much in other places.. like it looks like he may have lipstick on now to me. Is it just me? Cause it definitely could be. =]

Thanks again, I may go back and crop it and process it a bit differently and see what I get. I do appreciate all the feedback so far!

Latest threads

Top Bottom