Kenko PRO 1.4x TC vs. Tamron SP AF 1.4x TC

Hi! Everyone,

I've recently bought a used AFD 80-200mm f/2.8 and thinking of getting a tele converter. I understand that non of the Nikon TC compatible with this lens. So my choice only left this two, Kenko and Tamron.

Now I am in the dilemma. Can anyone please help?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

I have the Tamron 1.4x SP AF teleconverter and use it regularly on my 300/f4 AF-S lens. It performs very well. I haven't tried it on my 80-200 but may have to try it this afternoon to see.

Sorry, don't know anything about the Kenko.

JeffKohn said:
From all accounts they're one and the same, only difference is the name on the label.
Really? I also heard people telling about this before. I can't find the Tamron TC in Malaysia but Kenko is widely avalaible. I think I'll go for Kenko.

Thank you for your feedback.

Kevin Scott said:
I have the Tamron 1.4x SP AF teleconverter and use it regularly on my 300/f4 AF-S lens. It performs very well. I haven't tried it on my 80-200 but may have to try it this afternoon to see.
I know that It also support 80-200 regardless AFD nor AFS. Thanks for the feedback.

I just wonder which TC will perform better.

Really? I also heard people telling about this before. I can't find the Tamron TC in Malaysia but Kenko is widely avalaible. I think I'll go for Kenko.

Thank you for your feedback.
Just make sure you get the "pro" version. Either Tamron or Kenko (or maybe both, I can't remember) also have a less expensive TC that isn't nearly as good as far as optical quality.

I have used the Kenko Pro DG 1.4 with the 80-200 AFD and it works very well. Optical quality is surprisingly good.

Finally I got myself the Kenko Teleplus TC1.4x 300 Pro DG. It work well with my 80-200 AFD. Sharpness and focusing is not an issue here. I sometimes attach it to my AFD 50mm + Close-Up Filter +4 for macro shots. Work brilliant!!!

Thanks all for the help. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom