Keukenhof

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by NikonConvert, May 26, 2007.

1. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Hello everyone, I hope you having a nice weekend =)

I was asked if I wanted to go to Keukenhof and I had to think about it. I knew it was supposed to be really pretty and stuff but it's one of those tourist traps and to make it worse it was a national holiday so it would be packed with people.

I had just ordered a film camera as I'd been thinking about getting back to 35mm for a while. It was supposed to turn up the day before and it would have been a great place to test a roll of Velvia but unfortunately it didn't turn up. I was upset but dragged along my D2H to grab some shots and be sociable.

Anyway, here is what I got:

503653460_005ecf6f87_b.

503653216_3e29b74b08_b.

502624525_7d93cb9664_b.

View attachment 97540

View attachment 97541

510009559_d196876faa_b.

Oh yes and to prove they had some flowers there too I have some evidence =). I'm sorry I don't have more for the flower lovers of you reading this but since that is such a common image of Keukenhof I wanted to show something a bit different. It's a large and wonderful place to walk around taking in the sights =)

504921399_05b013782a_b.

2. GastheerG

GastheerG Guest

Even in het Nederlands (quick one in Dutch)

EINDELIJK EENS EEN ANDERE SERIE VAN DE KEUKENHOF. HELEMAAL GOED!

At last a different series for the Keukenhof! Great job!

Normal we see in series of the Keukenhof only lost and lots of row with tulips!

3. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Thanks GastheerG =). I did take some flowers of course but there are just so many nice things there i wanted to concentrate on the other elements.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    The last 3 are really beautiful

5. Thanks for the visit. I understand it is closed now, but that it was very pretty with the great weather this year.

Groet,

6. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    Gale: Thanks! I like these too, they certainly the more vibrant of the bunch =)

Frits: Yes Keukenhof did close just before i posted these. Someone who went very early on in the year told me that most of the flowers were at their best much earlier this year. Damn global warming throwing nature out of sync =(.

7. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Thats a very nice series of photos.
    I love my d2h for general photography.

8. NikonConvert

NikonConvert

Jul 13, 2005
    Amsterdam
    biggstr6: Thanks for the comment =). I bought a D200 a while back because I was hoping for a quality camera that was less big / heavy to carry around but as great as it was I just could stop using the D2H.

After my 3rd roll of film through the F100 (today) I am equally impressed with that as a camera. I think I have just been spoiled by the greatness of the D2H.