Kevin inspired me....;-)

Kevin's post from Gatorland inspired me to get a few more of my Alligator farm shots processed. Shot with the D2H and either the 300 2.8 or the 70-200VR.

Roseate spoonbill:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

A couple of Great Egrets:

And, a few Wood storks:

Thanks for looking. :wink:

Excellent Frank,

Thanks for sharing.

Still have alot not finished processing. They have all been through NC now need to go to PS.

Great time.. wow

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
These are awesome! You DO have a nack for nailing these shots! When I try only a few comes out..... So how fast are these shot in order to freeze the motion? I'm trying to understand how i can preset the parameters to increase my yield...

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Bob, I don't print my shots yet. I hope to get a printer later in the year though. Since I am able to share these with my friends here on-line, printing hasn't been my highest priority. :)

Andreas, I try my best to get at least to an 800 shutter speed, but don't always make it because of lighting conditions. If my speed drops below 640 at a decent aperture (I try to stay at or above 5.6), I'll usually bump the ISO up a step. Anything above ISO 400 starts to have noise 'challenges' in the shadow areas though. These were shot in M mode BTW. In general the shutter speed was between 800 and 1,000, and the aperture was between 5.6 and 7.1.

Thanks again for looking. ;-)

Hey 3,

Thanks for the feedback. We were at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine FL back in early June (a bunch of Cafe members). Talk about at target rich environment!! :lol:

I took over 4,000 shots there, and at the Viera Wetlands down near Melbourne, FL. I've gone through just about all of them now. Have to start looking for another shoot. :wink:

Thanks again,

Frank

Your driving me crazy :x :x .........Cant take this much longer, can definitely see a trip within the next 12 months to this gatorland, Im hoping for January so I can enjoy the warm weather and get away from the igloo!!!

Great series Frank, beautifully done :!:

Keith

Excellent bird shots, Frank! Stunning wing displays but it's about the feet on the wood stork? *LOL* No exactly labelled 'delicate' are they?!! Funny how the head of that bird looks like it's been pasted on because it's so mismatched with the elegant body.
Beautiful captures in flight. I esp love the third shot - looks like a studio shot!

Keith: drive over to Toronto first and pick me up on the way!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom