Kevin inspired me....;-)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flew, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin's post from Gatorland inspired me to get a few more of my Alligator farm shots processed. Shot with the D2H and either the 300 2.8 or the 70-200VR.

Roseate spoonbill:
    [​IMG]

A couple of Great Egrets:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And, a few Wood storks:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking. :wink:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Frank,

Thanks for sharing.

Still have alot not finished processing. They have all been through NC now need to go to PS.

Great time.. wow

3. Great shots, Frank! I really enjoy seeing your shots. They have a characteristic that makes you stop and look again.

4. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Frank,
    Those are shots to drool over. The angles are perfect to show the detail of the birds. I trust that these are scheduled for printing.
    Thanks for letting us see them.

5. These are awesome! You DO have a nack for nailing these shots! When I try only a few comes out..... So how fast are these shot in order to freeze the motion? I'm trying to understand how i can preset the parameters to increase my yield...

6. Wow! Nice shots. I love the first one.

Anthony

7. Just beautiful Frank. Keep them coming.

8. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great shots, Frank. You have truly found your niche in wildlife image captures.

9. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Bob, I don't print my shots yet. I hope to get a printer later in the year though. Since I am able to share these with my friends here on-line, printing hasn't been my highest priority. :)

Andreas, I try my best to get at least to an 800 shutter speed, but don't always make it because of lighting conditions. If my speed drops below 640 at a decent aperture (I try to stay at or above 5.6), I'll usually bump the ISO up a step. Anything above ISO 400 starts to have noise 'challenges' in the shadow areas though. These were shot in M mode BTW. In general the shutter speed was between 800 and 1,000, and the aperture was between 5.6 and 7.1.

Thanks again for looking. ;-)

10. Beautiful pictures Frank.

Martin

11. One word - superb!

12. Frank

Those are a great series of images. You done good!

Russ

13. Frank, these are fantastic shots! Where did you get all these shots?

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey 3,

Thanks for the feedback. We were at the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine FL back in early June (a bunch of Cafe members). Talk about at target rich environment!! :lol:

I took over 4,000 shots there, and at the Viera Wetlands down near Melbourne, FL. I've gone through just about all of them now. Have to start looking for another shoot. :wink:

Thanks again,

15. Frank

Your driving me crazy :x :x .........Cant take this much longer, can definitely see a trip within the next 12 months to this gatorland, Im hoping for January so I can enjoy the warm weather and get away from the igloo!!!

Great series Frank, beautifully done :!:

Keith

16. Love the shots Frank.
    Pete

17. They don't get much better than this Frank! Teriffic!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

18. Excellent bird shots, Frank! Stunning wing displays but it's about the feet on the wood stork? *LOL* No exactly labelled 'delicate' are they?!! Funny how the head of that bird looks like it's been pasted on because it's so mismatched with the elegant body.
    Beautiful captures in flight. I esp love the third shot - looks like a studio shot!

Keith: drive over to Toronto first and pick me up on the way!

19. Very nice shots, I vote for #1-2

20. These are super shots, Frank. :) Thanks for sharing.