Key West - (Updated)

Real Name
John DeSanto
This week, my family is in the midst of a spring break vacation in sunny Key West, Fla. (Judging by the weather maps, it might be the only place in the continental U.S. with warm weather since temperatures are still in the 75-80 degree range, here.)

Lots of people, lots of sailboats, and lots of opportunities to spend your money.

One other thing to report: Judging by those god-awfully ugly black and gold camera straps, Nikon cameras are more popular than Canon by a 5-to-1 margin (at least among the touristy set) with D200's being the most popular of all. Now, if we could only convince 'em to take their lens caps off, we'd be making some real progress.

Sunset, Mallory Square

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sunset, Mallory Square

View attachment 89153

Juggler, Mallory Square

View attachment 89154

After Sunset, Mallory Square

View attachment 89155

Me, getting looped

View attachment 89156

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent John - they take me right back to our Key West vacations. The last one looks just like me when we're there!

I know right where you were
When I lived down the 20 yeas ago I went there every day
Is Billys restautant still right down the street:>)) Worked there and used to sneek off to the sunset then run back to work...lolol
Great shots

We use to call it Key Wasted....lolol
Boy I had some fun down there.
Dancin in the street etc..lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Last pic gets my vote! Although the sunset shots are gorgeous,..Gimme a shot a friend & member "enjoying" the end of a hard day of well earned vacation... and he stops long enough to think of us here, and posts a pic as if to say
"I wish you were here with me"

Bravo, Sir..... Bravo :~)

Real Name
John DeSanto
Thanks to all...

for your kind comments.

We're back home, the kids are tucked into bed and I'm going through the rest of the shots. Here is a couple of more that I thought I'd share.

Thanks again!

This friendly fellow

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The kids imitating seagulls at sunset

View attachment 89158

A Sea Monster

View attachment 89159

Testing the waters

View attachment 89160

Real Name
William Beem
Very enjoyable. My only suggestion for improvement is to trade in that beer for rum.

Wow, what a great little series of shots, John. You have some postcard/travel brochure shots there. How nice it would be to travel to a place where the weather is pleasant for a change. At this rate, I think summer will never arrive in Chicago.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom