Kidney stones and kidney stints

Oh wow...I can only imagine the pain having passed one myself many years ago and the pain of gout in the toes was right up there on the pain threshold I know a little of what you are going through. Fingers crossed for a resolution to your pain..

JLH

Family trait to have kidney stones. Years ago one uncle had one that was nearly as big as his kidney! My family is well familiar with the pain. An ER doctor I had during one attack told me she had one when she was pregnant. The baby came out but she was still in pain. That pain was from the kidney stone that decised to move while the baby was being born. She said having the baby was easy compared to the pain of the stone. I get one every ten years. Last one was 9mm and got lodged in the tube between the kidney and the bladder. It became an emergency. From the time I hit the ER to when they performed the lithotripsy was just a few hours. They wanted to save the kidney which was at risk. After they broke it up they had to put a stint in tube where the stone had been. Getting the stint out (no pain killers!) was much worse than having it installed (while I was O-U-T). But, I survived.
So, Brother, I feel your pain!!

Best of luck.
I literally feel your pain.
Was taken to A&E two weeks ago, diagnosed with medium stone that needed operation.
Had operation under general anaesthetic Wednesday with final completion of treatment Saturday.
Been in and out of hospitals (2 different ones) for the past two weeks.
Good news is as of today seems to be all good.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
All the best Randy.
Hopefully the doctors will find a solution without surgery...

I'll be thinking of you
Klaus

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Sorry to hear this. Justin had a stone in each side - at the same time! Horrible pain. Hope you are through the worst of it.............

Real Name
Randy
Thanks everyone

Stint comes out tomorrow, TG

This has been extra hard because of Covid but I did get tested and I was negative.

Anyway remember lithotripsy, way less intrusive w almost no pain...

So sorry, hope you feel better. This too will pass. (No pun intended.)
By the way, they are stents.
Lithotripsy does not work for all stones or in all patients, but very useful when it can be used. Sometimes surgery is needed, sometimes both.
By the way, see what type of stones they are. There are a couple of major types. Some can be partially controlled maybe with diet and or drugs.
Good luck.
Gary

Latest threads

Top Bottom