Kidney stones and kidney stints

Good luck Randy,

Taking the stint out on Saturday was a 10sec job for me.
No pain. No pain killers either.
Most of the process was taken by the covid-19 screening and distancing in the hospital.

All the best.

Thanks,

Any suggestions welcome.
I am told not to have carbonated drinks, milk, too much calcium, drink mineral water but not the same brand, keep changing, drink lemon juice or water with lemon, one tea spoon of olive oil...
Avoid too much protein too.
I mean what am I supposed to eat?
Add that to the restrictions for blood thinners, diabetes, cholesterol and high blood pressure and what am I left with?
Tofu and water?
:)

Real Name
Randy
Good luck Randy,

Taking the stint out on Saturday was a 10sec job for me.
No pain. No pain killers either.
Most of the process was taken by the covid-19 screening and distancing in the hospital.

All the best.
I had a stint taken out in the doc's office a few years ago and then this time doc said insurance pays in hospital under anesthesia......that was an easy choice

I had a stint taken out in the doc's office a few years ago and then this time doc said insurance pays in hospital under anesthesia......that was an easy choice
which one did you go for?

Real Name
Randy
Heal quickly buddy. Treat yourself to some tasty new gear. That'll make you feel better (y) .
i'm holding off on gear as battle melanoma all year with immune therapy drugs so Covid didn't really change much for my leaving the house. Old age is hard

Real Name
Randy
Sorry to hear this. Justin had a stone in each side - at the same time! Horrible pain. Hope you are through the worst of it.............
I got em on on both sides but I can't imagine Justin's pain having 2 at the same time

Real Name
Randy
Oh wow...I can only imagine the pain having passed one myself many years ago and the pain of gout in the toes was right up there on the pain threshold I know a little of what you are going through. Fingers crossed for a resolution to your pain..
I've never passed one that I was aware of.

Last Tuesday in the OR the doc went into my kidney and the 5mm stone was gone.....CT scan 3 days earlier showed the stone (as did the xray 4 days before), so all this was for nothing....

hospital
I won't gross the women out here describing what's involved but suffice it to say it's probably mostly phycological….
Yes,
I understand.
Been there done that.
In the UK they try to avoid general anesthetic as much as possible.
Removal is usually really painless and swift.
It will be fine.
The worst is behind you.

I've never passed one that I was aware of.

Last Tuesday in the OR the doc went into my kidney and the 5mm stone was gone.....CT scan 3 days earlier showed the stone (as did the xray 4 days before), so all this was for nothing....
Excellent,
Sometimes they break up or dissolve, they are 5 different types.
That is a very good outcome.

Real Name
Randy
Yes,
I understand.
Been there done that.
In the UK they try to avoid general anesthetic as much as possible.
Removal is usually really painless and swift.
It will be fine.
The worst is behind you.
I was very surprised insurance pays and pays 100%
I feel guilty using the resources but I can't handle anymore stress

I was very surprised insurance pays and pays 100%
I feel guilty using the resources but I can't handle anymore stress
Due to COVID-19 here in London the operation was carried out in a private hospital (as they all have been nationalised on a temporary basis) as opposed to an NHS (public) one.
NHS hospitals deal with COVID, all other issues are dealt at private hospitals.
Mine was the King Edward VII, usually used by the Royal family and officers in the armed forces.
All free as covered by the NHS (and my taxes).
Top equipment, private single room, dedicated nurse, restaurant quality food and all amenities.
No visitors.
No one in without having 1) passed a swab test 48 hours before, 2) no symptoms at the time of procedure.
Like you, I had mixed feelings.
However at this stage private hospitals no longer take private patients.
Everything is centralised through the NHS (here in England, it might be different in the other nations).

Real Name
Randy
Due to COVID-19 here in London the operation was carried out in a private hospital (as they all have been nationalised on a temporary basis) as opposed to an NHS (public) one.
NHS hospitals deal with COVID, all other issues are dealt at private hospitals.
Mine was the King Edward VII, usually used by the Royal family and officers in the armed forces.
All free as covered by the NHS (and my taxes).
Top equipment, private single room, dedicated nurse, restaurant quality food and all amenities.
No visitors.
No one in without having 1) passed a swab test 48 hours before, 2) no symptoms at the time of procedure.
Like you, I had mixed feelings.
However at this stage private hospitals no longer take private patients.
Everything is centralised through the NHS (here in England, it might be different in the other nations).
I'm lucky to live in NC where Covid is less. I'm even luckier to live in Charlotte, home to Atrium Healthcare and world experts. Mine is done by my Urologist in an Atrium out patient part of the hospital,
And maybe the best is Medicare pays 80% and my secondary BCBS policy pays the rest, so since I turned 65 3 years ago I never get a bill for anything. Last year my retail medical bills topped a million dollars.

Real Name
Ken
I wasn't given a choice when I had to have my stent removed.:mad: While the removal was certainly not pleasant, it was nothing like how I felt when I needed to empty my bladder later that day. Thank god for strong pain medicine.

Hope things are calming down by now,

--Ken

Latest threads

Top Bottom