Kids and my "new" D2X

Discussion in 'People' started by Donzo98, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    I just got my D2X in the mail today... 2034 actuations and MINT condition:biggrin: !! I sold my D2HS. I wanted the ability to crop and still make a decent size print.

Here a couple of the kids. This one is my daughter Alexa. D2X, 50mm f1.4, ISO 800, no Noise Ninja.

LexiD2X.

This one is my neighbor Zak (age 13) and my son Dylan. D2X, ISO 800, 50mm 1.4, heavy crop and run through Noise Ninja.

ZandD.

2. your daughter is a DOLL!
    oddly I see a lot of noise in the second image, and you mentiond running thru noise ninja. I know nothing of that program so maybe this is what it does. The image is pleasing enough, I am just confused/
    Dave

3. Congratulations on your new camera. You will have a blast with it with such pretty models around you - Nice shots (I wonder the same as Dave about the noise in 2nd picture...)

4. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Noise...

Thanks guys!! I have alot to learn. I think I may oversharpened that image. I was so excited I dont even remember my post proceessing. LOL.This camera is so damn cool though.:biggrin:

Don

5. She sure is cute as a button. Nice job on the pictures. I haven't really tried some high ISO's except one time the 3200 but you did great with a high ISO. I myself can't see the noise but then again it could be my monitor.

Thanks for showing those cuties.

6. there is a lot to love, both in your subjects and your new camera, so ENJOY!

7. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Nikon Cafe

You guys are great!! Thanks for the nice replies to my post. It is a pleasure to be part of such a nice community.

Don

8. Welcome stranger, I knew I recognized your name ;-) Looks like your very happy with your new D2x, luvly pic of your daughter. Your going to learn real quick the X is a whole different animal, and you will luv it! never had the pleasure on the d2hs , but have to say if they every make a D3hs in a 8 megapixel mode, Im there with bells on!!!

Welcome to the cafe, awesome people around here. Look forward to seeing more pics out of your new cam!!!

Keith

9. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Hey Buddy...

Yup... so far Im loving the X... but still sad about my S being gone :eek: Good to "see" you over here.

Don

10. Hi congratulations with your new D2X.

The first photo is very nice. The second photo is like you said oversharpened. Maybe you first did very strong noise reduction and then a sharpening again.

For those who don't use Neat Image yet it is worth it if you shoot iso 800 and higher photo's and have some noise or alot of noise. It can help alot. It makes photo's a bit softer.

What you can do to the second photo is. Edit the photo to your liking so colour/curves/levels what ever you love to do to the photo. Then open neat image click on auto profile (what i expect you allready done) then click on the second tab to accept the remove the noise. Then when you get back into adobe photoshop cs 2 only use the zoom function to zoom in to 50 procent (100 is also good but 50% is easier).

Then click on edit and then fade .... (i think it says noise reduction or fade neat image). Here you will get a slider if you slide it down it will lower the strongness of the noise reduction so you can tweak it to your likings. So you get some more detail. And then as last step you could sharpen a little bit.

Hope you understand my fast explanation else ask me for more info. In private message or as reply on this thread.

Good luck and hope to see more work of you soon!

11. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Thanks Vince! Very helpful... I will try that.

Don

12. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Congrats for new D2x!Nice shots,hope to see more in future!