Kids At Play

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by eng45ine, Jun 19, 2005.

1. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I shot these images yesterday at the local park. I love watching kids put their all into the sport that they play.

Shot through the backstop...

the winning smile...

I wouldn't mind a few pointers on how to make these better! Thanks for checking them out!

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I don't know anything on how to make them better, Frank (they look pretty good to me). I'm with you though, I love watching kids play, mine or anyone elses. The kid in that first shot has some serious energy going into that pitch. You captured it well.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks so much Leigh...he's a little guy with a heart of a giant. He doesn't realize that he is twelve inches shorter than the rest of the competition. You have to love this kid.

4. faenix

faenix

Jun 21, 2005
    Bayside, NY
    Great photo, the bokeh on the first pic is beautiful! I'm so jealous.

5. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Hi Frank!

I think they look great - although I don't think they're wearing regular cricket outfits..... :wink:

6. Teh first shot is awesome a classic shot

7. Brew

Brew Guest

Frank I would say these are much better then I've been able to pull off from behind the backstop!!!

I shot these of my son from behind the fencing (pretty thick too) and was able to clean them up a bit but not as good as yours!!

This was one of our other pitchers that cleaned up a little better but still not that great.

8. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    nice catch on the first one. really shows the boys concentration.

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I didn't intend to bump this thread up, but I wanted to thank those that left comments on the images that I shot. I appreciate the complements as I am always striving to get better at sports shooting.

Brew, I don't know what lens you used in the images that you posted, but I opened the lens wide to blur out the background as best that I could. If you look at the sports images that I have on my Pbase site...I go absolutely nuts when I have an image is basically well composed but a spectator is standing behind the backstop or Grandma is knitting in a collapable chair along the fence line...basically, I am at the mercy of the background. But I guess getting great shots was never meant to be easy. Maybe I will learn how to do something extra with PS in the future...post process work is a whole new thing for me...talk about being out of my comfort zone.

Thanks for looking and offering your critique everyone!!