Kids Baseball Game

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by twinturboteddy, Jul 4, 2008.

1. My friend asked me to come and shoot pictures of her boy's baseball game. Several hundred pictures later this was really only what I think was worth keeping. He was pitcher throughout the game and kept almost everyone off base (8-0), so the only shots really are of him pitching.

Thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dennis Carter

Dennis Carter

Jun 29, 2007
    USA
    Very nice!!

Ok, your secret for cutting out the gaggle of players at the bottom?

Photoshop, Magic Lasso, and a ton of patience or do you have other tricks up your sleeve? :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing.

3. mi2ark

mi2ark Guest

Great idea!

I just took some shots of my friend's son's baseball game (age 8) and was looking for a creative way to present the pics.
    I'm also curious as to how you did this..

Mike

4. Oh the cutting out of the players at the bottom, in CS3 there is a new selection tool called "Quick Selection Tool" It's in the same category as magic wand. It is best described as using a paint brush to select an object. But the paint brush is also a magic want at the same time. There is a refine edge option to further feather or contract by percentage the edges. Really fun stuff.

This was just all photoshop work. Borders were created using layer styles drop shadow, and Stroke.

5. acena

acena

Mar 14, 2006
    New Jersey
    Nice shots. The dates look a bit flat and boring to me. I would stroke those as well or add a drop shadow. While no one got on base, why no pictures if kids going up to bat? A swing and a miss can also tell a story. The pitcher was a lefty so I would've probably taken some shots from the 1st base line to get his face as opposed to his back during the wind up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.