1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kids do grow up...

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Jul 6, 2007.

1. I met Tara when she was an 8 year old, playing on the same softball team as my daughter. The girls were friends through high school, but lost touch when they went off to college about 15 years ago. Tara showed up at the pool club today, and we had a great time visiting and catching up. I took her picture to send to my daughter...

81762170.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

... and then took another of her and her son.

View attachment 104350

I'm trying to pressure my daughter, but that sure is a pretty baby boy :cool: .

View attachment 104351

2. Thanks for the story Frank. I'm sure your daughter will be glad to have heard from her (through you).

The handsome young lad does like your camera doesn't he.

Let me know if I am wrong Frank, but it appears that you used off camera fill. If that is the case, if possible you might try to get it a little higher next time. Tara's nose shadow is coming directly across her face. I would look better cast a little downward. I know its hard to do things just right in a pinch though.

3. You can always pick out a Strobist. They get hooked on checking out shadows and reverse engineering the lighting - lol! My wife was a reluctant human lightstand. She didn't raise her arm much higher than her own forehead, and since she's shorter than the subject, the key light came up short, too.

4. Bet your daughter loved seeing these photos. Hope seeing that baby boy motivated her to want to give you a grandchild!!:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.