1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kid's football, and 'The shot of the day'

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by nipprdog, Sep 27, 2008.

1. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    I've been almost as busy this month as I was during the baseball/softball tourney weeks. These are from one of the three games I shot on Sunday.

As soon as I saw this shot on my computer's monitor, the word that came to mind was 'poster'. I quickly made a small, watermarked version, and sent it to the league director as the 'shot of the day'. I got an email from his mother the next day asking about poster size prints. :biggrin: This shot is currently on the league's homepage. The director asked me for a collage of 5 or 6 shots to use on the homepage. Since I don't know how to do that yet, a coworker is doing it for me.

All with D300, 300 2.8, 1.4 TC

Here is the shot;

[​IMG]

This kid is for real. He can move out of the pocket in any direction, and throw in any direction while doing it. He can run;

[​IMG]

He can aslo hit;

[​IMG]

Some more;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10 Game winning, overtime reception;
    [​IMG]

2. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

jim.... love the shots.... !! Thanks for sharing them

3. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    excellent shots

4. All great shots, all very sharp and the colors pop! Thanks for sharing.

5. photojedi

photojedi

Sep 25, 2008
    NH
    great great shots!! i think i have camera envy.:( 

6. well done Jim, #6 is great too, did that get on the home page?

7. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Thnks, Chris.

Thanks, Matt. I appreciate it.

Thanks, Alan.

Thanks.

Thanks, Chris. I thought about using #6, but decided I shouldn't duplicate teams.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.