1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

KIF

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Kestrel in flight. Darn but these little guys are so...so fast!!!
    Kestrel%204868-X2.
    NIKON D850    300.0 mm f/4.0    300mm    f/4.5    1/3200s    ISO 4500

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Wow!!!! what a shot! Beautiful IF position. Was this at the nature conservancy? Nice job!

3. Thanks Karen..yes this was at the Canadian Raptor Conservancy in Vittoria Ontario

4. In between flights
    Kestrel%204878-X3.
    NIKON D850    300.0 mm f/4.0    300mm    f/4.5    1/3200s    ISO 3600

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    That’s a very impressive shot, you BIF shots are amazing.

6. Thanks Rick..nice to have willing subjects at the Canadian Raptor Conservancy. The number of keepers for a kestrel in flight shot are few and far between. Need to keep working on getting better with these buzz bombs.

7. Randy

Randy

May 11, 2006
    Superb, makes me want to visit

8. Wonderful photograph. Good to know they are flying these guys now. Soon time to make another visit.

9. What can I say Bob. These little guys are impossible to catch in flight. You've accomplished the impossible IMO. Well done(y).

10. Thanks Randy. I will keep an eye out for dates at CRC that have two days consecutively
    Thanks Brian. This was its maiden flight
    thanks very much Rick. The percentage of keepers is very very low - these darn little guys are so fast!!!

11. Wow wow wow, outstanding shots...........I have a family near me, but I can only get them om a wire or zooming away, they are quick.

12. Thanks Darrell..sitting on a wire is where we normally see them but this one was flown at the CRC. And yes the keeper rate is so very low - hard to match their speed!

13. Great catch. They are indeed very fast.

14. You got that right! Faster than I can track most of the time

15. Wow - you are getting some great shots Bob. Makes me want to come back up for a visit as well.

16. Thanks Fred. We should organize a meet.

17. Most impressive shot Bob.

18. Thanks very much Louis

19. Beautiful and very well done.

20. Thanks James

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.