Killdeer are pretty good at camouflage

These are a few more shots from my outing last weekend. Shot these shots all in an around some seep ponds where there was plenty of other bird activity.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 96186

View attachment 96187

View attachment 96188

View attachment 96189

Louie

Well done once again Louie. I have seen more Killdeer this year than ever before. Maybe it is because I am looking harder. Did you get any flight shots of them? They are sure hard to nail in flight. You must have been pretty close to these guys. I really like the soft tones of the background as well.

That's a funny name! It looks exactly like our Little Ringed Plover except that LRP has yellow eye ring and yours are orange!

Ayways very nice captures, super details!

Hey Louie,
Monica and I are hanging in there. Monica's cancer seems to be on the retreat due to the chemo she is getting, so we are both pretty happy right now. We're living for the day and next week is as far away as next month.

She will be a "photographers widow" tomorrow morning as I am going with a friend to Brazos Bend State Park (yet again), early, but I expect to get home noon-ish then have a shower and go down to her antique store at the antque mall and just hang out with her for a few hours. Life is good!
Nick

Hey Louie,
Monica and I are hanging in there. Monica's cancer seems to be on the retreat due to the chemo she is getting, so we are both pretty happy right now. We're living for the day and next week is as far away as next month.

She will be a "photographers widow" tomorrow morning as I am going with a friend to Brazos Bend State Park (yet again), early, but I expect to get home noon-ish then have a shower and go down to her antique store at the antque mall and just hang out with her for a few hours. Life is good!
Nick

Happy to hear the news Nick. Time is never on our side, so enjoy every moment.

Louie

Well done once again Louie. I have seen more Killdeer this year than ever before. Maybe it is because I am looking harder. Did you get any flight shots of them? They are sure hard to nail in flight. You must have been pretty close to these guys. I really like the soft tones of the background as well.

Thanks Jim. I'll tell you there sure were a bunch of them over in Coulee City. They are fun to watch as they try to distract you from getting anywhere near their nests. They'll begin acting as though they have a broken wings and limping etc. I think I might have a shot or two of that type behavior. Anyway, have a good time on your trip.

Louie

Latest threads

Top Bottom