Killdeer-best of the weekend.

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Greg, Apr 24, 2005.

1. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Not a very difficult shot but at least the focus looks better.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good shot Greg. Where did you get this guy? Never seen anything like that at the pond.

Great looking avatar BTW.... 8)

Frank

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Found this guy while I was driving through the cemetary in Athens. whooped out the Bigma, slammed it to 500mm and held the finger down. Actually he let me work him for about 15 minutes. Still fired off about 200 frames. he didn't sit still very long so always had a new shot. I hand held this on the window sill of the Jeep. I am very pleased as at least 90% are sharp except for motion caused by the Killdeer. But that means there is something wrong with what I am doing at the pond. WE'll have to do breakfast next time and talk about it.

Missed ya this morning but then I guess 37 degrees is under your limit.

Yeah, I get great comments about the Avatar. I gave credit to the guy that shot it in my signature line.

here's another from the same series.

[​IMG]

4. Nice shot this is about the third shot of this bird I have seen on this board in the last two weeks, prior to that I have never seen one. Thanks for sharing. I have heard good things about the Bigma.

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Greg,

You won't believe this, but I got a kidney stone yesterday afternoon. Went into the drugged up / projectile upchuck mode. Didn't feel like getting out or I would have been there.:?

Hopefully next week-end.

Frank

6. Yeah, that is a nice shot Greg! :D :D