Killdeer In Flight (attempt 2)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    This is my second attempt trying to catch a Killdeer in flight. Let me know how you think these turned out.

1)
    [​IMG]

2)
    [​IMG]

3)
    [​IMG]

2. Excellent Dave.

I know how difficult it is. Great job!

3. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Phil. It is hard as they are small and super fast when they are flying.

4. cre8foru

cre8foru

Dec 1, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    I think they are excellent. Great job. Number with the wing blur is my favorite.

5. Allan

Allan

Apr 21, 2006
    Nashua, NH
    Very good - sharpness, exposure, background all well done. I like the wing position in the first one best.

6. I think you did a wonderful job. #1 is my favorite of the group. Nice shooting.

7. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Tough subject - good job!

8. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks. I like to try and capture these guys in flight whenever I see them. This is only the 2nd time I've been able to get one that was actually sharp and in focus.

Thanks Allan.

Thanks for looking.

Yes it was...thanks.

9. Simply amazing...

What lens R U using here?

I was just out looking for some hummers, and I am almost too imtimated to post now!!!

10. Very nice Dave. These birds can really be hard so I bow to you for getting such good BIF shots.

11. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Nikon 300mm F/4 AF-S was the lens.

Don't feel intimidated at all...my hummingbird shots suck really bad (I might try again here in a minute outside since I see them flying around). It took me a while to get these, and these were the only 3 good ones out of about 20 (I was machine gunning it hoping for the best while trying to track hand held).

Thanks James...they are tough little buggers.

12. Dave

Dave

Feb 7, 2007
    Suwanee, GA
    Thanks Sam.