Kim + Daniel = some simple lighting

Just a quick post to take a break from the plethora of editing ahead of me. Shot this lifestyle session this past weekend in Houston. They are engaged but have not yet set a date. They don't have any good pictures of themselves so this is where I come in. However, once they do decide on a date, they will be hiring me for their engagements, bridals and the wedding. Anyway....just wanted to share some images using only one flash. I prefer to keep things simple. Enjoy!

This is just a straight bounce upwards.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One light behind subjects, triggered by my trusty CyberSyncs :biggrin:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Like Mr. Joe McNally always says.....little lights, HUGE impact.

Peace!

love the second one.

Thanks, Ben. I was gonna hit you up but this was last minute. They were originally gonna come to Austin but my Girlfriend booked a last minute wedding in Houston so I decided to go down there with her and shoot the couple there instead. Next time!

Very cool! If it were me I would darken the lot in the background in #2 and clone the lightstand. Any light modifers on that second shot or was it bare. Cool set

wow the second one is awsome. so you are using a remote trigger? I try to set up hair lights or back lights with regular on camera ttl and sometimes the flash does not fire.

wow the second one is awsome. so you are using a remote trigger? I try to set up hair lights or back lights with regular on camera ttl and sometimes the flash does not fire.
he was using cybersyncs..he said so up top. lol.

x2 on cloning out that lightstand by the way.. :smile:

Very cool! If it were me I would darken the lot in the background in #2 and clone the lightstand. Any light modifers on that second shot or was it bare. Cool set

Thanks, Seth. If I recall properly, that was just a bare flash. If I am mistaken about that, the most modification would have been the dome diffuser that comes with the SB-800 :smile:

Thank you, Hagen. Yes, Alien Bee CyberSyncs were used. Super reliable...haven't had them let me down yet! And the are about 1/3 the cost of the closest competitor. :smile:

he was using cybersyncs..he said so up top. lol.

x2 on cloning out that lightstand by the way.. :smile:

I was hoping you guys wouldn't notice the light stand :tongue:.

I am not too great with the cloning tools, unfortunately. My PP skills are still very limited. :smile:

Thanks, Ben. I was gonna hit you up but this was last minute. They were originally gonna come to Austin but my Girlfriend booked a last minute wedding in Houston so I decided to go down there with her and shoot the couple there instead. Next time!
no big deal, we can always hook up when you're here next. let me know when you're down, I'll shoot you my number. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom