Kimberly the Flutist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gbenic, May 15, 2007.

1. My daughter, Kimberly, has been taking flute lessons for the last couple months. Today we burned her first CD. I am really proud of her musical accomplishments. Nowhere near perfect, but considering she is in special education classes at school, it is quite spectacular. If anyone wants to give a listen to her performance, I posted the songs HERE.

2. That's really great for her. Music is such a wonderful thing. I used to play the flute, and I can tell you it is not exactly an easy instrument to play. Learning to read music isn't all that easy either, for some. Keep encouraging her, because hardly a day goes by that I don't regret not singing and playing the flute anymore! :smile:

3. That is wonderful. My daughter, who is almost deaf, plays the flute in a couple of her high school's bands. Music can be such a great outlet.

4. Thanks folks. Last year we tried the clarinet. She couldn't even squeak out a note let alone anything that resembled a song.

Kimberly is really excited that her songs are posted and that she has a CD. She is taking the disc to school tomorrow to show everyone. I am excited that she is trying something and is actually moving forward. It gives her a big boost in self-esteem as well. Lord knows she needs it after getting picked on by the "normal" kids.

She is practicing some additional songs for release number 2. I will keep you all posted.

5. It's wonderful, Greg.

Natalie also started flite lessons a few months ago and it's great to see the kids enjoying music and making progress.

6. I agree Phil. I am so glad that she doesn't know how to play some of the "modern" music on the flute!