Kind of mix bag.............

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Jul 3, 2005.

1. got eaten alive today, bigger bugs than when I can remember. LOL............ Last light tonight, had to manual focus on this baby red tail. Man do they build those nests safe from man, was in a jungle in middle of a field. LOL

original.

Tried some Canon 500d shots with 70-200mm, not sure if I should post this here, it does have wings!!
    original.

View attachment 11460

Correct me if wrong, poor shot, but think this is a hummingbird moth. Chased him everywhere, tough to get within that 22 inches or so, but was persistent. LOL

View attachment 11461

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Great shots Keith. I like the macros and especially the late day shot of the hawk. I assume that was with the 400 2.8?

3. Awesome Keith, you sure nail the focus and exposure.

Martin

4. Very nice pictures, i will chech this week if the store can have that 500D. Do you know how much $ it is?

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is one beautiful Dragon Keith..

Good work..

Think you may be right on the moth...

6. Hi Frank............

You assumed correctly...........debating of getting a longer lens or sticking with the f2.8. Have to say I luv the combo with 1.4 and can still shoot f4..........still undecided! urghhhhh

thanks for looking
    Keith

7. Good morning........

Thanks Gale and Martin, appreciate you taking the time to comment!! Have a great day
    Keith

8. HI Gilles...........

Think I picked mine up on ebay, new for $115 + shipping if memory serves me correctly. Like the flexibility...........it offers

Keith

9. Hey Keith! I like the lighting on the 1st picture and the perspective on the 2nd! Nice shots.

10. All are great shots Keith. I think my favorites are No. 2 and 3. of the Dragon Fly. Keep them coming.
    Pete

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Great stuff Keith. Great light and composition!

12. I love that combo, 500D and the 70-200..it just rocks and so do your images! Well done for sure!

13. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Time for you to invest in longer glass Keith, 400 is not long enough for you.

14. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: Hi Frank............

Keith,

If you do decide to go longer, please let me know first. I'd love to have that 400 2.8. 8)

BTW, I think that there is not doubt that you should sell the 400 and go for the 500 f4 or 600 f4. :twisted:

15. Twig..............

LOL............alterior motives. LOL!!!!! :wink:

16. thanks

Thanks Pete, Kevin and Frank, appreciate the nice comments!!!

Keith

17. Re: Hi Frank............

Keith,

If you do decide to go longer, please let me know first. I'd love to have that 400 2.8. 8)

BTW, I think that there is not doubt that you should sell the 400 and go for the 500 f4 or 600 f4. :twisted:[/quote]

LMAO!!!! Im starting to think what ever I get, it will never be long enough :p . LOL............

18. As I said over on the other forum these are very nice and you have delpeted my wallet of more hard earned cash! :wink:

19. Keith,

Beautiful images. When did you switch to D2X?
    What about your D1X and D2H?

20. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Keith,

You are a Devil :>)))))))