Kind of scary but . . .

Well I am off to photograph the Southern Utah Heritage Choir. This world traveled and popular choir has given me the opportunity to prove myself. They have tried four other photographers and have not been satisfied. Recently I did some work with a youth group and the head of the Heritage Choir saw some of the images and liked them. They perform tonight and I will be leaving in an hour to set up. This is a paid job and I am a little nervous but confident that I can turn out decent images. I tossed and turned all night thinking about White Balance, ISO, lighting, and D2H settings. I am lucky that they will be there practicing for an hour before the performance so I will have some time to get it right. Wish me luck.

Gordon,

THE VERY BEST TO YOU. NOT LUCK. SKILL. YOU CAN DO IT.

Will wait for results. Please follow up.

Best Regards
Gale

After seeing some of your shots in the Cafe.....you'll do just fine. Good luck.......and most of all.....have fun!! :D :D :D :D :D Look forward to seeeing some of those shots in the Cafe!!! :D :D :D :D

Gordon, best of luck and I know we all can't wait to see how awesome the shots are going to come out. Just remember to take the lens cap off and you'll do fine

Thanks everyone. The shoot went well and I came away with images that I think they will like. When I get them processed I will share a few.

hillrg said:
Glad it turned out well Gordon. That is why I do not do weddings - oh the pressure...

I know what you mean Rory as I have a wedding in May and I'm already starting to feel the pressure. I have been 2nd camera at a couple of weddings but this is the first one on my own. Not sure that I need this aggravation. :?

Glad things went well

Hi Gordon,
I am glad that things went well. I have only ever done one wedding, and that was enough. I will never forget the pressure to do well, since it only happens one time. I was shooting film at the time, and everything came out just fine. I am sure that the couple will just love the work that you have done for them.

Thanks Neil I should have some images to post by Monday. This has been a busy weekend for me and I only have about a third of them processed at this time.

gho

Happy to hear it went well.

I have some unsolicited advice, since sometimes I feel the way you do. Especially since I don't really like my photos. I always get a bit nervous before a big shoot.

Anyways, the way I look at it. They hired you based on your portfolio. All you have to do is shoot and process like you normally do (i.e., everyday shot) and they'll be happy. Otherwise, they wouldn't have asked you.

I just shot a bunch of pool tables for a client and I'm their 3rd photographer. They saw my work and loved it for some reason, and asked me to shoot their tables.

They were very dissatisfied with their first two photographers, and I listened and avoided the same mistake - not that I would have made those same mistakes anyways.

The last photographer didn't have any strobes, and the client bought them hot lights (as the client doesn't know anything about photography equipment either). The guy didn't process the pics and dumped a bunch of JPGs on the client to process (WB was off too). That's something I would never do.

Anyways here's one from that shoot:
20050308%20220242%204305.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Nicely done Gregory and your advise is good as well. I too have spent several hours processing the shots from Saturday and from what I can see the customer should be happy. Like your table image.

Latest threads

Top Bottom