Kinda wild . . . ;-)

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by DianeR, Nov 24, 2005.

1. but for those of you who are familiar with the wet darkroom, you'll be familiar with solarization and this is what this is of the bouquet of Mums I posted on an earlier thread. It's wild and crazy and you wouldn't want it hanging on your wall, but it's fun to do and OH so much easier to do digitally than in the darkroom days.:smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thats Wild and Beautiful actually Diane :>)))))))

I like it.

3. Thanks Gale - actually the image is degraded here - it's better on pbase and better yet on my monitor. :smile:

4. huskey8

huskey8

Feb 22, 2005
    Very nice work

I have always liked the solarize command you have used it well here. This is one I did a while ago let me know how you like it.[​IMG]

5. Yes, it works well with water! You can back the effect off if you don't like it 100%. Were you a darkroom "junkie" too? :wink:

6. Diane,

I actually would like that hanging on my wall. I think it is beautiful...In my Nik filters, there is a solarization filter and I have used it frequently but I'm interested in how you did this if you don't mind...By the way Diane, will you be coming to the Meritt shoot with us in February? Hope so, it should be fun Diane.

Thanks,

7. Thanks, Melissa

The solarize filter is under the filters drop down menu under Stylize in PSCS - you can adjust to taste, which is what I did here. Nothing complicated - I am disappointed with the quality of the image here tho' - am hesitant to use the "original" size from pbase because it's a large file.
    No, I won't be able to make the Merritt Island shoot this time around but would love to join up another time. Am looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. :smile: In the meantime, I'll continue to prowl the areas around here and maybe I'll see more than a Brown Pelican. :biggrin: