Kingfisher 800mm d2x

Discussion in 'Birds' started by phillip 200, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Hi all I haven't posted much as I have been a little busy so much to do so little time to do it in any way here are a few images taken with my d2x and Sigma 800mm HSM I hope you enjoy looking at them.

Phillip.
    king-fisher-d2x
    [​IMG]

shoveler-d2x
    [​IMG]

kingfisher-d2x
    [​IMG]

wigeon-d2x
    [​IMG]

green-finch-d2x 500mm
    [​IMG]

cormorant-d2x
    [​IMG]

:biggrin: :smile:

2. Philip
    I can not wait to check out your posts when I see them these are all fantastic I have seen some of the best Kingfisher shots I have seen in a long time lately

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    800 lolol Makes me sick :<(

Gorgeous images for sure. That Kingfisher reminds me of the profile of a kookaburra....Neat bird.
    Great shots and color of him.

4. Wow, cool!!!! Beautiful shots of some very beautiful birds.

5. Nice shots Philip. The EXIF data is stripped. I was wondering what f-stop you used for the first kingfisher shot?

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

well done for sure
    sharp, exp., color just all spot on!!

really dig the reflection on the shoveler as well !

7. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    OMG Phillip!! I'm selling my gear, and taking up another hobby. :eek:

These are absolutely awesome. I think I've asked before, but remind me what tripod / head set-up that you are using. I just can't believe how good these are. Also, what other lenses did you use for these shots?

Regards,

8. Just beautiful, the Kingfisher is my nemesis...arrrhhh! You nailed it and then some, comgrats!!

9. <-- Green with envy! Awesome display

10. Thank you

Thank you all for your generous comments here are a few of the answers to the few queries.

The EXIF data is strips because I use save for the web out of photoshop 7.01 so here is the shutter speed and aperture and ISO each image in order starting from the top.

First Kingfisher 1/80 @ f8 iso200 sigma 800mm HSM F5.6
    shoveller 1/500 @ f10 iso100 sigma 800mm HSM F5.6
    second Kingfisher 1/125 @ f8 iso200 sigma 800mm HSM F5.6
    wigeon 1/350 @ f8 iso 100 -.7EV sigma 800mm HSM F5.6
    greenfinch 1/15 @ f7.1 iso200 sigma 500mm HSM F4.5
    cormorant 1/160 @ f8 iso320. sigma 800mm HSM F5.6
    My tripod is a gitzo 1327 Mk2 carbon fibre with a full Wimberley head.

Phillip.

:smile:

11. Gordon Large

Gordon Large Guest

Phillip, I hope you can find more time for shooting and posting your images here! These are all outstanding, and the two Kingfisher shots are superb. Congratulations!
    Gordon

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks for the info Phillip. I thought you had the Gitzo and big Wimberley, but I couldn't remember for sure. I'm amazed that you got such clean shots at such low shutter speeds, at such long focal lengths. You must have a very steady shooting technique.

I'm also impressed with the excellent color saturation. Very vivid without looking over-saturated. All I can say is, again, great shots. :smile:

13. i am like Frank on this, time to sell my gear and commission you for the pictures I want. These are incredible!
    Dave

14. Glad you posted these kingfisher shots. You've now spared me the time and trouble to post the measly ones I got today!! :redface: I've never seen colors like that before on a Kingfisher. Incredible shots!!