Kingfisher, Pelicans and some sparrows

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Louie you keep setting new high marks. This is one of your best sets ever. Great detail and light. That first shot really needs to be printed. The colors are magnificant. Bravo.

2. I agree with Jim one of your best series ever, wonderful color, just love the soft backgrounds!!!

3. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Super series, Louie! Those first two are magic!

4. Beautiful series Louie. Nice KF too!

5. Thanks for taking a look.

Hi Mao, thanks for your comments.

6. This is the kind of photography that inspires me to do better.. Fantastic work. Can you tell me what lens was used for these?
    thanks
    Tom

7. Excellent series of images....

8. Beautiful work! Crisp and sharp and I love the smooth background.
    Thanks for sharing.

9. Nicely done Louie. That's one ambitious and brave shore bird in pic 3. Maybe it's the crab that's thinking of some a-1 sauce and lunch ? :)

10. They are all great and I like #2 the best. Great job!

11. Some real beauties in here, Louis. I love them all, especially the pelican flyby.

12. amazing set Louie... you keep getting better and better... awesome set.

13. I'm not sure about setting any new marks, but appreciate your comments Jim. You would have enjoyed this location, could shoot out the window on a bean bag. The truck works as a pretty effective blind, after you sit there a while so they get used to the vehicle being there.

Thanks Andreas, always appreciate your comments and review.

Thanks Tom.

Thanks for taking a look John.

14. Fine work Louie!
    Love the light coming through the pelican's webbed feet.
    Fred

15. Wow Louie, what a great set.
    From the EXIF it appears to be 500 + 1.4?

It's hard to pick a favorite - torn between #6, really like the barbed wire - and #3.

Don

16. Thanks Mike. I think it was the sandpiper/dunlin that was thinking of the ready meal there. It didn't move off until I got to close.

Thanks for taking a look and commenting.

Thanks, I appreciate your commenting.

Hi David, I appreciate it. Pelicans have to be one of my favorite of birds.

Hi Raymond, I appreciate your comments thank you very much. But just trying to keep up with all of the rest.

17. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Number 2 is great as is are the Pelicans and wonderful backgrounds on all of them.

18. Thanks Fred, I was lucky on that shot for sure.

Hi Don, I appreciate your comments. Yes I was using my D300 with a 500mm and a TC1.4 on.

Thanks for commenting.

19. That first one is wonderful. What a creamy backdrop!