Kingfisher

Discussion in 'Birds' started by RNeal, Oct 21, 2005.

1. RNeal

RNeal

Oct 15, 2005
    Tennessee
    [​IMG]

Not exactly happy with the focus, but he was too far away and barely filled the center focus spot brackets (this is a 100% crop from a D2X - he's a white speck in the full frame). And I've been stalking him a few times since and never been able to come close. These guys are skittish.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Good capture of a very skittish subject Randy. I've been trying for almost two years to catch one of these guys, but they always seem to know where the limits of your gear are, and land / fly just beyond that. :rolleyes:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Yes they are tough to get. I have a few far off also. Will keep them till I can get something better :>)) If ever.

Good go at him.

4. Good catch. These are elusive little critters aren't they. I just happened upon one down at the boat docks sitting on the top of a sail boat's mast. Not a very pretty setting, but it's one of a very few shots I've gotten of this bird.

[​IMG]

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Yep some tough little birds to capture.
    I do have some I like but not with a fishy !!

Quite nicely captured

6. Callie

Callie Guest

Hi Randy
    I know from another site that you guys in USA have trouble getting near the 'fishers. This is quite a largish one, I believe, and it looks a bit like our Giant Kingfisher. Nice catch, both of you. I have some too with fish in mouth, but it is more foot in moth in my case :eek: , because it was also far off, and still shot on slides.
    Keep them coming