Kingfishers

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Louis Champan, Oct 23, 2005.

1. Well, yesterday was a real treat weather wise and a day shooting with Jim Thiel. We were at the Ballard Locks here is Seattle where we were treated to a couple of hours of shooting a Kingfisher. This guy was very patience and just sat there for most of our shots.
    Jim explained a bit more in detail what our day consisted of, but it was good.

Jim's shots are a superb in every respect, somehow I wasn't able to quite capture the moment as Jim did, but just pleased to get some shots in on a beatiful bird the Kingfisher.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A great day..

Louie

2. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Yes a great day for you I agree
    KF's are tough to get and now you have some real keepers of your very own!!

3. Great job, I see your enjoying your new gear :wink: The last one is cool, but a great series in all. Nicely done!!

4. one of my all time favorite birds and I enjoyed this series.
    Dave

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great job.
    Beautiful.
    Very interesting and elusive, fast evil bird :>))

Did you see my sick shot of one. grrrrrrrrrrr

6. Hey I would give anything to walk away with some kingfisher shots like theses. These birds are on the top of my list

7. Thanks for all the responses. Up until yesterday I hadn't been within a 100 yards of a Kingfisher. So for now I'm pleased that I just got the chance to shoot up close.

Keith, yes I'm enjoying every minute of learning the new equipment. I'm trying to get ready to come to Florida for a few days.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent series Louis. Like several others, I'd love to get some K-F shots this good. :wink:

Hope everything in FL is calmed down before your trip (and that everyone is OK).

9. Hey Louis! Great kf shots! The ones around Viera are so shy you can barely get within range before they take off! Look forward to hooking up when you get here.

10. Callie

Callie Guest

Hi Louis,
    Just got to love the creast
    VERY nice 'fishers
    we are fortunate in having 10 species in SA, and ours are NOT as shy as your are.
    Great yawn too
    Regards

11. RNeal

RNeal

Oct 15, 2005
    Tennessee
    Excellent!

12. Okay, time to rollup the sleeves and get to work! You guys are really setting the bar high. Kingfishers are one tough bird to capture. Well done.

13. Hey Kevin, I'll give you a call before to see who might be available on the day I'm there. Thanks for the comments.

14. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent captures of a very difficult subject

15. Amen to that and thanks for the comments.

16. Thanks Harry. Hope you don't mind but I'll give you a call when I'm down there so see if you're available to go do some shooting.

17. Louis, it was sure fun to see and take pictures of these kf's. You did great and it looks like you and your 500 make a great team. Thanks for going with me.

18. Thanks Jim, I learned a lot and it was a great day.