Kings Park Psychiatric Center (bldg #93)

I made a trip to Kings Park Psychiatric Center on Long Island NY. After a 5 mile hike in, (which I later found out was not necessary -long story) I reached building #93. I don't think the magnitude of this building could ever really be captured in a photograph. At over 100 feet tall, this giant is truly a site to behold.

Thanks to Danielle L from the forum for telling me about Kings Park.

2657546568_112530bb49_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2656645005_d8719e734e_o.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great shots! I think I see ghosts in the windows!

Thanks Bill - that wouldn't surprise me. With all those windows that must be a ghost or two...:biggrin:

Excellent! Wonderful treatment on the first.

Thanks Alex!

Lovely shots, I really like what you've done with the first one

Thank you Robert.

Woah! Think of all the history in that building!

Yeah really - Built in the 1880's and used until the 1990's, I'm sure that building holds an lot of stories - many of which are probably very sad unfortunately.

Sorry Fred, I think you have just proven your own statement wrong. Incredible photos, love them all.

Thanks Anthony. I have to tell you, that building is beyond belief when you see it in person. I was completely mesmerized when I first stood in front of it.

D

Danielle L

I am sooo sorry I didn't tell you about the parking lot type thing (and you can generally just park on the side of the road to take pictures in the day, I've never had problems)!!! I haven't been on here in a while. I can't believe you hiked 5 miles! Your pictures look great though! Why no pictures of the other buildings?

fred,
those are really awesome images
5 mile hike in (whether necessary or not)
wonderful result
i really appreciate you sharing these with us

i guess you couldn't go inside...

Great photos. Checked online and found some interesting info and sites. Quite a story. Thanks for the post.

I am sooo sorry I didn't tell you about the parking lot type thing (and you can generally just park on the side of the road to take pictures in the day, I've never had problems)!!! I haven't been on here in a while. I can't believe you hiked 5 miles! Your pictures look great though! Why no pictures of the other buildings?

Thanks and no need to be sorry Danielle. I actually had a very nice day. During the hike over the hill from SM park I was treated to some beautiful views of LI sound from the top of the bluffs. The only issue regarding the hike was the timing/light - I ran out of light, so the power plant is the only other building that I shot.

fred,
those are really awesome images
5 mile hike in (whether necessary or not)
wonderful result
i really appreciate you sharing these with us

i guess you couldn't go inside...

Thanks Greg - It was a fun trip.

Great photos. Checked online and found some interesting info and sites. Quite a story. Thanks for the post.

Thanks Art!

That first picture is incredible. Excellent photo/editing.

Jonny

Thank you Jonny.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom