Kingston Memory Cards?

I use their momory in the computer and the 32gb 600x CF cards in the camera, 100% reliable and a lot cheaper than the competitor offerings :)

Yep, I chose Kingston memory in my last PC build and a Kingston SSD. I have a ton of Sandisk cards but would have no problem using Kingston instead.

I purchased a Kingston CF card on ebay and was contacted by our national trading standards and asked to answer a few questions, apparently these are the most traded fakes on the internet and yes mine was a fake so buy from a reputable dealer and you should be OK.

Sandisk cards are also infamous for being faked in vast numbers but luckily, I have never come across one. You do need to buy from someone you trust for all these things and that includes third party sellers on Amazon - be very careful.

ALL named cards are subject of counterfeiting, the more expensive the card the more fakes that are around.

To avoid receiving a fake simply buy from a reputable dealer, whether via web or in person at the shop.

Kingston Elite Pro CF card was quite slow for me and I thought it must have been a fake. I contacted them and they said it was a genuine one. So I concluded that was just how they were. They work ok but I wouldn't go out of my way to get another.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom