Kirsten

Kirsten is my daughter in law and while of Salvadoran descent she does not speak Spanish having been born and raised in the USA. She is a bright young lady and is currently in her second year of college and is the mother of little Jesse. David (my son) and Kirsten live in Auburn, Alabama. The image was taken in my garage by natural light with an SB600 flash used as a hairlight. Camera was my D2H and lens a 17-55mm f2.8.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Great portrait Gordon !!! What was the distance between you and Kirsten and how much of the image did you have to crop to get that proper perspective with the 17-55? I find that when I shoot at the 55mm end and try to fill the frame I get a bit of image distortion.

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
A beautfiul image Gordon of a beautiful young lady............ she has the most gorgeous eyes!!!!!!!!!

I hope I don't sound petty saying this... but the background in this image, for me, is slightly distracting..........

Of course, that's probably me, as i don't personally like the multicoloured/ textured????????? backgrounds...........

I know......... it IS petty! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

Gorgeous shot Gordon. you sure got alot of good looking people in your family : ~ )

Why thank you very much for the nice compliment.

Great portrait Gordon !!! What was the distance between you and Kirsten and how much of the image did you have to crop to get that proper perspective with the 17-55? I find that when I shoot at the 55mm end and try to fill the frame I get a bit of image distortion.

I would guess that I was about 5 feet away and did crop just a little off each dimension. Thanks for your comments.

A beautfiul image Gordon of a beautiful young lady............ she has the most gorgeous eyes!!!!!!!!!

I hope I don't sound petty saying this... but the background in this image, for me, is slightly distracting..........

Of course, that's probably me, as i don't personally like the multicoloured/ textured????????? backgrounds...........

I know......... it IS petty! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

G

I hear you Graeme, this is the very first time I have used that backdrop. I have yet to make up my mind on it. Normally I just use black but thought I would try something different. Thanks for your nice comments.

Well......unattractive certainly doesn't run in your family does it Gordon. Is there anyone related to you either by blood or marriage that is less than gorgeous?

A beautiful portrait!

Gordon, Lovely girl, and a really sharp photo. Her eyes are so clear, it looks as if I can see your reflection in her eyes. My wife is also of Spanish decent. We have many friends from El Salvador. It is nearly impossible to find a Salvadoran child who is not just as beautiful. You must be blessed with some beautiful grand kids.

Gordon, fantastic...you've inspired me to go out and shoot in my garage tomorrow...after I sweep it out, that is... :wink:

Great photo Gordon. i don't know how you keep track of your huge beautiful family

Actually when it comes to grandkids, I have pretty much lost track. I have to ask my wife how many we have.:biggrin: Thanks Eric for your nice comment.

Well......unattractive certainly doesn't run in your family does it Gordon. Is there anyone related to you either by blood or marriage that is less than gorgeous?

A beautiful portrait!

What's importan Stuart is that they are all beautiful inside. Thanks for taking the time to look and to comment.

Beautiful skin tones, hair, eyes and expression.

Hi Tim and thanks.

Beautiful image. Love the catchlights.

Thank you Tiarra, you have made my day.

Gordon, Lovely girl, and a really sharp photo. Her eyes are so clear, it looks as if I can see your reflection in her eyes. My wife is also of Spanish decent. We have many friends from El Salvador. It is nearly impossible to find a Salvadoran child who is not just as beautiful. You must be blessed with some beautiful grand kids.

Kirsten has a beautiful mother and you can see her influence on the daughter. Thank you for your kind remarks.

Gordon, fantastic...you've inspired me to go out and shoot in my garage tomorrow...after I sweep it out, that is... :wink:

John, you don't have to sweep your garage out. The beauty of garage photo's is that the condition of the garage has no relevance on the picture other than the nice soft light. Thanks a bunch.

Looks good to me Gordon.

Thank you Joshua.

OK, Gordon you are trying to take our attention off your photography skills with your models!
Not only do you have beautiful daughters, you have a beautiful daughter-in-law.

I hear that Woody is giving "Ironing Clinics" , might want to sign up! LOL :biggrin:

The hair light with the natural lighting looks very natural.
Great Job!

Tim

Gordon, I like this image too! The catchlights are wonderful and add that to a nicely captured beautiful model you have a sure winner.

OK, Gordon you are trying to take our attention off your photography skills with your models!
Not only do you have beautiful daughters, you have a beautiful daughter-in-law.

I hear that Woody is giving "Ironing Clinics" , might want to sign up! LOL :biggrin:

The hair light with the natural lighting looks very natural.
Great Job!

Tim

Ah yes Tim, the old ironing clinic, I for sure will sign up. Actually it is not wrinkled that is just the pattern you see. Thanks for your very nice comments and for taking the time to look.

Another beautiful capture of another beautiful member of your family. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Brian, good to hear from you. I hope all is well with you and your family. Thanks for the nice comment.

Gordon, I like this image too! The catchlights are wonderful and add that to a nicely captured beautiful model you have a sure winner.

It has taken some time but I am finally getting the hang of tha hair light. Thanks Banhup.

Gordon,
This is beautiful. I am so impressed with your family. You did a great job here.

No more so than I am impressed with yours Terri. Thanks for taking the time to comment. After seeing your latest work it make me want to get some strobes but so far I have resisted that. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Funny that she doesn't speak spanish. I have lots of friends who are hispanic and they also do not speak spanish.

The picture is beautiful - love the softness and also the lighting is very good. However, I can see the umbrellas in her eyes.

Funny that she doesn't speak spanish. I have lots of friends who are hispanic and they also do not speak spanish.

The picture is beautiful - love the softness and also the lighting is very good. However, I can see the umbrellas in her eyes.

I suspect that what you see is an open garage door and a small reflector. There were on flashes used other than the hair light which was above and behind her head. As to speaking Spanish I am always encouraging her to take Spanish in college. Of course her mother speaks it as her native language and English as her second. It would seem that it would be easy for her to pick it up quickly.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Latest threads

Top Bottom