Kiss me...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by J.Alan, Jun 2, 2007.

1. I am not ususally a bird shooter, but this one posed and I took advantage of the occasion. However, it is, IMO, a face only a mother could love ...

Hand-held D200 with 70-200 f/2.8 VR 1/125s f/4.0 at 102.0mm iso100
    original.

2. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Joe,

Your photography skills are evident here. Very sharp, properly exposed and good composition. Your choice of subject matter is a different story. :biggrin: I am only kidding of course, this is a really nice image!

3. Thanks, Andy.

Boy, that subject is something else! :biggrin:.... I was really impressed with the sharpness on this one, though. It could almost cut you.

Thanks for commenting.

Also, you have an excellent gallery, especially of birds. Do you have a favorite lens and/or post processing process?

4. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Thank you Joe!

I have two lenses that are used 99% of the time. A 300/4 IS and a 500/4 IS. Both are used with converters too. I use Canon gear but the Nikon equivalent is just as good. I shoot everything in raw so I can have the best start for post processing. I now use ACR and always work in layers. I would be happy to send you a detailed work flow but it would take me a while to type it up. I'm a hunt and peck typer. :redface:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well it is a good shot:>))))

6. Thank you, Gale. (nt)

nt :smile: