Kiss of the Last Light

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by d_ip, May 30, 2005.

1. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    [​IMG]
    Nikon D70 Focal Length: 19mm Optimize Image: Custom Color Mode: Mode IIIa (sRGB) Noise Reduction: OFF 2005/05/29 21:01:12 Exposure Mode: Aperture Priority White Balance: Auto -2 Tone Comp: User-Defined Custom Curve RAW (12-bit) Lossless Metering Mode: Multi-Pattern AF Mode: AF-S Hue Adjustment: 0° Image Size: Large (3008 x 2000) 1/30 sec - F/14 Flash Sync Mode: Not Attached Saturation: Moderate Exposure Comp.: -1.0 EV Sharpening: Low Lens: 12-24mm F/4 G Sensitivity: ISO 200 Image

http://lenscapephoto.smugmug.com/gallery/548192

Your constructive criticism is appreciated. :roll:
    Thanks

2. Very nice picture - I especially do like the red / orange glow on the mountains.

Excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

3. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    Excellent capture...

I love mountains, and I love them even more when captured so beautifully.

C

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    A really fabulous shot. I could stare at this one all evening! Would rather be there!
    Jerry Snider

5. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Perfect !

Great contrasts in colors.

Perfect !

Regards

RFC

6. Interesting title, Shahed. It certainly captures the imagination! I like your image, but the supersaturated look may be a bit too much for some viewers. It's very stylized. People will either love it or hate it!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

7. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Hi Virginia,
    Thank for your comment. My goal of yesterdays outing was to get a picture like this one. So I scouted out a place than setup my tripod and waited for the right timing.
    As the light started to defuse, and was only hitting the peaks, I started to shoot.
    I didn’t add any extra saturation, just my normal landscape post-processing; I bumped up the saturation +5 is PS.
    Thanks

8. obelix

obelix

Mar 17, 2005
    Fremont, CA, USA
    Just perfect. Just perfect. The curve leading to the mountains, gorgeous light in the hills, reflections half way to hold interest, just enough rock to hold your attention up close. To make this an even more awesome shot, all you needed was a bunch of wild flowers by the rock.

Shahed - you get light. Bravo.

anand

9. Love the colors and exposure but it feels bottom heavy. Other than that it's a great shot.

10. This is an extraordinary shot.

Did you know some people actually spend thousand$ and thousand$ in travel only to find landscapes such as this one? And since you cannot buy a magic moment, I think you've got master shot.

11. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I love it, no critiques here, can't think of any ;)

Joel.

12. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful.

13. Great composition - wonderful capture.. I personally like what you've don in post processing.

This wasn't blended was it?

Bohdan

14. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada

Thanks Bohdan. This is from one single shot. I had to use shadow/highlight to bring up the foreground detail. :lol:

15. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    I've been to your site some impressive pictures you got there

You have a great eye for landscapes,keep them coming

16. WHOA MAMMA!!! That is one of the best shots I have ever seen!!! :D :D :D :D

17. TheKO

TheKO

May 3, 2005
    Tampa, FL
    I sure have nothing to add to this great shot. Simply - nice job.

18. Very, very fine! Colors, composition, and clarity are all superb.

Thanks for posting this.

19. d_ip

d_ip

Mar 18, 2005
    Alberta, Canada
    Thanks everyone, now I feel like to go out and get more shot like this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

20. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    A very beautiful landscape. I feel it is perfect in all aspects. would not change anything. :)