Kite Surfin in Cyprus

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by Panos Kazanelis, Mar 21, 2005.

1. I know I have promised some Kite Surf action a week ago...
    Here they are... my instructor Chris (www.cyprus-wind.com)
    ...next time I'll try to bring a friend to take some of myself in the harness :wink:

...all with Nikon D100 and 80-400 VR... enjoy 8)
    find more here... http://www.pbase.com/pkazan/kite_surfing

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Panos,

Nice shots. Beautiful blue water.

These look a tad dark on my screen. Thanks for sharing. Those guys are brave souls. :>))

Cheers
    Gale

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Brave souls, tough exposure decision

Tough backlighting situation, Panos. You nailed the water's exposure levels, but it was at the expense of darkened faces. If you would've increased the EV way up to get the faces right, the water would've been pure white, with no detail. When I saw the 1st guy hanging upside down, I thought it was actually PS'd.

4. Re: Brave souls, tough exposure decision

Thanks Gale. "A tad dark..." hmmm... maube it's my laptop's screen...
    I was one of the "Brave Souls" out there, but -as usual- there was noone to take any photos of me :cry:

Thanks Steve, indeed a very tough backlighting situation :( The Sun didn't help at all. Next time I'll try a different angle. :roll:

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Panos,

Great shots. I think you did pretty well with the exposures. Now you just need to find someone that will take a few shots with you in the harness.... :wink:

Looks like great fun.

Frank

6. Frank, if you're interested, I provide the house, food, car, nightlife, incredible weahter conditions, a digital audio-video suite with lots of GHz power (at home), ... you just bring yourself (and max another 3 loved ones) your equipment and your summer wear :wink:

You will be most welcomed :D

The invitation extends to any other Cafe-Members and is valid from March to November (our summer season) 8)

7. That is awesome Panos!! The second shot of Chris flying in the air UPSIDE-DOWN is incredible!!! Be careful....kite surfing looks EXTREME!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    i'm making plane reservations to come see your new cute little puppy and take your pic kite flying..

Cheers
    Gale

(don't i wish)

9. If it ain't I'll quit it :D Daniel, there is a kind of chemical substance in our bodies called adrenaline... well when I was ...served I thought it was a chocolate cake and I had the whole thing :wink:

Wait till you find out my "other" favorite sports... :shock:

Next thing I'm planning are 5000ft aerials from baloon and then a sky-dive... :roll:

10. Why NOT :shock: Did I mention the two wonderful, huge, salt-lakes, full of flamingos, GBHs and any other bird you like... :roll:

11. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jeez Panos, that's a tempting offer. Now if I can just get my boss to let me off for a couple of weeks.... :?

Great stuff. :wink:

Frank

12. Nice captures Panos, but also dark on my end. If frank goes on that, I need to be there to shoot it. Would be the strangest flying object I ever shot. :lol:

13. You'll need only 4 days to learn the basics :wink: and a week to practice and start your free-style... :D

14. What :?: :shock: Flew :!: on a kite :?: :shock: :!:
    Well, it's the easiest thing to learn... Lambros is in lesson 3... :wink:

Come along with Gale and Frank, and I will arrange with RR for a new kind of "bird"shooting... :D