Kite Surfin in Cyprus

I know I have promised some Kite Surf action a week ago...
Here they are... my instructor Chris (www.cyprus-wind.com)
...next time I'll try to bring a friend to take some of myself in the harness :wink:

...all with Nikon D100 and 80-400 VR... enjoy 8)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 6452
View attachment 6453
View attachment 6454
find more here... http://www.pbase.com/pkazan/kite_surfing

Panos,

Nice shots. Beautiful blue water.

These look a tad dark on my screen. Thanks for sharing. Those guys are brave souls. :>))

Cheers
Gale

Brave souls, tough exposure decision

Tough backlighting situation, Panos. You nailed the water's exposure levels, but it was at the expense of darkened faces. If you would've increased the EV way up to get the faces right, the water would've been pure white, with no detail. When I saw the 1st guy hanging upside down, I thought it was actually PS'd.

Re: Brave souls, tough exposure decision

Gale said:
Nice shots. Beautiful blue water.
These look a tad dark on my screen. Thanks for sharing. Those guys are brave souls. :>))
Thanks Gale. "A tad dark..." hmmm... maube it's my laptop's screen...
I was one of the "Brave Souls" out there, but -as usual- there was noone to take any photos of me :cry:

Steve S said:
Tough backlighting situation, Panos. You nailed the water's exposure levels, but it was at the expense of darkened faces. If you would've increased the EV way up to get the faces right, the water would've been pure white, with no detail. When I saw the 1st guy hanging upside down, I thought it was actually PS'd.
Thanks Steve, indeed a very tough backlighting situation :( The Sun didn't help at all. Next time I'll try a different angle. :roll:

Panos,

Great shots. I think you did pretty well with the exposures. Now you just need to find someone that will take a few shots with you in the harness.... :wink:

Looks like great fun.

Frank

Flew said:
Now you just need to find someone that will take a few shots with you in the harness.... :wink:
Frank, if you're interested, I provide the house, food, car, nightlife, incredible weahter conditions, a digital audio-video suite with lots of GHz power (at home), ... you just bring yourself (and max another 3 loved ones) your equipment and your summer wear :wink:

You will be most welcomed :D

The invitation extends to any other Cafe-Members and is valid from March to November (our summer season) 8)

i'm making plane reservations to come see your new cute little puppy and take your pic kite flying..

Cheers
Gale

(don't i wish)

PhotoDawg said:
Be careful....kite surfing looks EXTREME!!!
If it ain't I'll quit it :D Daniel, there is a kind of chemical substance in our bodies called adrenaline... well when I was ...served I thought it was a chocolate cake and I had the whole thing :wink:

Wait till you find out my "other" favorite sports... :shock:

Next thing I'm planning are 5000ft aerials from baloon and then a sky-dive... :roll:

Gale said:
i'm making plane reservations to come see your new cute little puppy and take your pic kite flying..
(don't i wish)
Why NOT :shock: Did I mention the two wonderful, huge, salt-lakes, full of flamingos, GBHs and any other bird you like... :roll:

Panos Kazanelis said:
Flew said:
Now you just need to find someone that will take a few shots with you in the harness.... :wink:
Frank, if you're interested, I provide the house, food, car, nightlife, incredible weahter conditions, a digital audio-video suite with lots of GHz power (at home), ... you just bring yourself (and max another 3 loved ones) your equipment and your summer wear :wink:

You will be most welcomed :D

The invitation extends to any other Cafe-Members and is valid from March to November (our summer season) 8)
Jeez Panos, that's a tempting offer. Now if I can just get my boss to let me off for a couple of weeks.... :?

Great stuff. :wink:

Frank

Nice captures Panos, but also dark on my end. If frank goes on that, I need to be there to shoot it. Would be the strangest flying object I ever shot. :lol:

Flew said:
Jeez Panos, that's a tempting offer. Now if I can just get my boss to let me off for a couple of weeks.... :?
You'll need only 4 days to learn the basics :wink: and a week to practice and start your free-style... :D

Backdoctor said:
If frank goes on that, I need to be there to shoot it. Would be the strangest flying object I ever shot. :lol:
What :?: :shock: Flew :!: on a kite :?: :shock: :!:
Well, it's the easiest thing to learn... Lambros is in lesson 3... :wink:

Come along with Gale and Frank, and I will arrange with RR for a new kind of "bird"shooting... :D

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom