Klaus - 52 weeks of 2016 - week 52 - December 31st - FINISHED

Always like see parts of the world though good images, you taken me to many places in your area, lets see some more!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
01/52 - An impossible portrait

Was out yesterday to shoot birds with my 200-500mm lens. Best place to shoot swans and gulls is Langenargen. On the quay I ran over a group of 4 students who asked me to shoot them together with Montfort Palace in the background. I asked to shoot one of them.
First thought when she agreed was, what should I do with that big tele lens? There was only 5m (about 6 yards) space. And I tried it...

I was really surprised by the result.

Regards
Klaus

That's a very impressive spontaneous picture tot kick off your thread! :)
Since a couple of months I also have the 200-500 and I'm really loving it.

By the way looking forward to your 52 years challenge. I believe you live somewhere in the South of Germany, a very beautiful place to live I think.

Was out yesterday to shoot birds with my 200-500mm lens. Best place to shoot swans and gulls is Langenargen. On the quay I ran over a group of 4 students who asked me to shoot them together with Montfort Palace in the background. I asked to shoot one of them.
First thought when she agreed was, what should I do with that big tele lens? There was only 5m (about 6 yards) space. And I tried it...

Regards
Klaus
Wow Klaus, you've done it? The 200-500 lens? That was a wish of you, wasn't it?
And I've never seen a portrait shoot with that lens. Congrats!
It seems that you took my meme from '15 for this year?

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
That's a very impressive spontaneous picture tot kick off your thread! :)
Since a couple of months I also have the 200-500 and I'm really loving it.

By the way looking forward to your 52 years challenge. I believe you live somewhere in the South of Germany, a very beautiful place to live I think.
Hi Frank,
I own it since 4 weeks now but the weather was always to misty to use it.
This was the second time I tried it.

I live in a village near Tettnang, only 12km from the Bodensee (Lake of Constance).
I hope to meet you one day. I can imagine to arrange a European Meeting in my region.

Regards
Klaus

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Wow Klaus, you've done it? The 200-500 lens? That was a wish of you, wasn't it?
And I've never seen a portrait shoot with that lens. Congrats!
It seems that you took my meme from '15 for this year?
Ha Aaron,
yes I've done it - to my own surprise.
I never thought this picture works. Lens set to 200mm f5,6 distance only approx. 4 to 5 meters. Much to close in my opion... Always the wrong lens for the reason.
But that student had such a beautiful smile - so I tried.

Thank you
Klaus

Regards
Klaus
Excellent shot Klaus - I'm sure your new 200-500 is gonna supply loads of great images

That is a great shot to start. I shoot with my 70-200 for portraits outside all the time. It does a great job and now I see this lens does as well.

Very nicely done Klaus. A difficult task with such a lens but I can understand not passing the opportunity to shoot such a pretty young lady. She has a wonderful smile and you captured it beautifully. I like the framing you used.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Very nicely done Klaus. A difficult task with such a lens but I can understand not passing the opportunity to shoot such a pretty young lady. She has a wonderful smile and you captured it beautifully. I like the framing you used.
Hi Art,
the framing was mere coincidental- I had no room to move to get a little more distance...
But I like the picture too.

Regards
Klaus

Regards
Klaus
I think she could be in a toothpaste advertising;)
Great picture of her :D

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator

Regards
Klaus
You absolutely nailed this, Klaus. This is superb!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom