Showcase KMZ Tair 11A 135mm f/2.8

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Cold water

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Enjoy
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Some anemones in the sun...

(1)

(2)

Enjoy
Klaus

hello, these are wonderful images. My grandfather used to own a Zenit-E. Among the many lenses was this lens carefully stored in the tair 11a box with three filters on top of the box as well as an interesting adapter. At first I didn't know what it was - I grew up in a digital era with D810 by my side but soon it blinked that it was probably a m39 mount. As I read this (thankfully I googled this lens with "nikon f" by it's side. it's interesting to find out one can get the original Nikon mount for this lens as well. Do you maybe have some resources as where to get a hand on this mount? This would really mean a lot. I mean the final results could be comparable but we all know what it feels like to have lens properly adapted. I found this lens yesterday and so forth I have only kept on shooting with the film left in the Zenit. I hope something comes out, but would really like to mount it on my Nikon. I will for sure buy a decent m42 adapter but these are quite costly here. Can someone maybe point me towards where I can find more information about this mount? And also, do some other m42 lenses also support the mount? I can't wait to see the results of this gem when the film will be developed as well as after I put it on my Nikon.
Thank you and keep making these wonderful photographs. I will post some as soon as I manage to connect the lens with my digital cameras.

I find out there wasn't any film in zenit lol. So now I've tried taking some shots free held next to the dslr. I have already ordered m42-nikon f adapter (the one wo glass element). I still have to find the proper adapter to replace the current m42 mount. Can't w8 to shoot, I've hurd grandfather made a lot of photos with this lens, hope to stumble across them some day

Shot this using Tair 11A (edited in post) just to show the sharpness. It is amazing lens. I still haven't been able to find the original TAIR Nikon adapter. The M42 adapter I got seems to have F focal point too far away from sensor so it focuses only on close distances. I think I could make some portrait but anyways I need to find the correct adapter. By the way I am from EU as well, from Slovenia. Any help would be appreciated

Shot this using Tair 11A (edited in post) just to show the sharpness. It is amazing lens. I still haven't been able to find the original TAIR Nikon adapter. The M42 adapter I got seems to have F focal point too far away from sensor so it focuses only on close distances. I think I could make some portrait but anyways I need to find the correct adapter. By the way I am from EU as well, from Slovenia. Any help would be appreciated

http://sovietcamerastore.com/product/soviet-kp-ah-tail-end-adapter/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KP-A-N-Ada...mera-Jupiter-37A-11A-Tair-3A-3S-/173856030561

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Tair going to a botanical garden...

(1) Unknown blossoms
D3S_0013.JPG

(2) On the stair on an old villa
D3S_0015.JPG

(3) Different angle
D3S_0016.JPG

Enjoy
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I really like the richness of the colours, Klaus!
Especially in #2 & 3
Thank you Bart.
I'm still learning to operate this lens.

It has two aperture rings. With the first you choose a stop for the aperture you like (e.g. f/11).
Then you open the second aperture fully (f/2.8). Now it's easy to focus. After focussing you close the second ring to the stop you've choosen with the first. And don't forget to choose the aperture on your camera. I often forget this...

Kind regards
Klaus

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom