Share Knife Photos

as you say different countries different laws. If a knife is used as a tool here it is best to carry it in a locked tool box until used for that purpose. With recent knife crimes the police are red hot on catching people with them. I carry a swiss army knife on a key ring with door keys attached, this is ok under our laws as it only has a 2 inch blade as well a bottle/tin openers etc.

this is why the police come down hard on knife carriers

On 29 November 2019, five people were stabbed, two fatally, in Central London. The attacker, Usman Khan, had been released from prison in 2018 on licence after serving a sentence for terrorist offences.
Khan was attending an offender rehabilitation conference in Fishmongers' Hall when he threatened to detonate what turned out to be a fake suicide vest and started attacking people with two knives taped to his wrists, killing two of the conference participants by stabbing them in the chest.[1] Several people fought back, some attacking Khan with a fire extinguisher and a narwhal tusk as he fled the building and emerged on to London Bridge, where he was partially disarmed by a plain-clothes police officer. He was restrained by members of the public until additional police officers arrived, pulled away those restraining him, and shot him dead

at least he won't do that again

I just can't understand why there is no restrictions on those type of knives. here in the UK if your caught with one you are in serious trouble with possible jail sentence. Seems to me the USA are very slack in regulations on weapons, be it knives or guns, so strange to us over here. Any knife with a 6 inch blade or spring loaded flick knife found on a person!!!!! well no way would I even consider owning one. Even shops now have to see proof of age even to get a normal kitchen knife and not allowed on display in a shop. even scissors or any sharp object its the same. We recently replaced an electric paper shredder with a container it sits on for home use like this one
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/office-supplies/shredders/fellowes-powershred-m-8c-cross-cut-paper-shredder-21731450-pdt.html

and we were asked our age, even though I am 74 years old and my wife 2 years younger. Things are that strict over here now
When I was a kid and lived in the country side in France I would always carry an Opinel 7 with me.
When I moved to Maine I had a Swiss Army knife and an Opinel 10 or 12.
Then I moved to London, dropped the knives altogether except for the Swiss Army knife, but as air travel restrictions for more stringent I had to leave it at home most of the time.
Nowadays I don’t even carry a Swiss Army knife, the urban tool is the smartphone or the Apple Watch.
it’s all about the environment.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Ok, back on topic, knife photos, sorry about the dust located on the iPad screen where I laid my two pocketknives and flashlight For the photo.

Benchmade M390 Valet, Benchmade 941CF, and HDS flashlight with 325NLT emitter.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Carl
I've had a thing about knives since I was a Tad. My EDC is a Swiss Army Tinker, but my two favorite knives are a Schrade Golden spike that my wife gave me before Schrade went offshore, and a Buck Vanguard that did a great job skinning an Elk. Lately, I've made a few knives, most that I have given away to kids, grands, Bro. in Law, etc.

For the Niece's husband. I got a really good deal on some Desert Ironwood, sooo.....
DSC_0012 (1).JPG

Grandson's knife. Desert Ironwood handle. 7-8 oz Cowhide sheath.
DSC_0013.jpg

My personal knife, Helle blade, Desert Ironwood handle, Cocobolo butt cap, Sheath is stingray hide laminated to 5-6 oz cowhide. I figured the Stingray hide was fish, so it should be waterproof...wrong! ;) I have two blades just waiting for me to decide which one of my dozen handle scales to put on them, and one of these days I'll find a Damascus blade that says "Take me home!.
Let me say I have never mutilated anyone (except myself:oops:) with one of my knives!.
DSC_0020.jpg

Last edited:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
I've had a thing about knives since I was a Tad. My EDC is a Swiss Army Tinker, but my two favorite knives are a Schrade Golden spike that my wife gave me before Schrade went offshore, and a Buck Vanguard that did a great job skinning an Elk. Lately, I've made a few knives, most that I have given away to kids, grands, Bro. in Law, etc.

For the Niece's husband. I got a really good deal on some Desert Ironwood, sooo.....
View attachment 1654077

Grandson's knife. Desert Ironwood handle. 7-8 oz Cowhide sheath.
View attachment 1654076

My personal knife, Helle blade, Desert Ironwood handle, Cocobolo butt cap, Sheath is stingray hide laminated to 5-6 oz cowhide. I figured the Stingray hide was fish, so it should be waterproof...wrong! ;) I have two blades just waiting for me to decide which one of my dozen handle scales to put on them, and one of these days I'll find a Damascus blade that says "Take me home!.
View attachment 1654075

Great workmanship and great blades!

Fallkniven S1 - the S1 denotes the size.

Laminated steel - sharp hard steel core. Japanese steel made into the knives by a Swedish knife company.

The picture would likely not be that much different if shot in colour !

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom