Share Knife Photos

I’ve always owned freebies and cheapies other than a very nice custom knife that was made for me when I retired. Recently, I’ve been introduced to some top names in the knife world, and after watching a review on this knife, I bought one. It is a Spyderco Stretch.

Since this is a photography forum, show photos of your knife to this thread. I’ll start.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

I like Spyderco's. Used to carrry that brand all the time. For the last few years I've been carrying a Mel Pardue Benchmade.

I have 3 Spydercos having been turned on to them by a much earlier posting on this board 3 years ago. Each of mine has been embellished by Santa Fe Stoneworks and they are beautiful. To get an idea of the kind of work they do go to www.santafestoneworks.com . I would love to post pics but I am not near my equipment at the present time. Perhaps later. The inlays are beautiful and the blades are great. Don

I have 3 Spydercos having been turned on to them by a much earlier posting on this board 3 years ago. Each of mine has been embellished by Santa Fe Stoneworks and they are beautiful. To get an idea of the kind of work they do go to www.santafestoneworks.com . I would love to post pics but I am not near my equipment at the present time. Perhaps later. The inlays are beautiful and the blades are great. Don

OH NO!!!!!!!! I wish i didn't click on that link!!! I see money being extracted from my pockets already!!! HEHE

i got a benchmade and a ka-bar TDI (long law enforcement one). the benchmade is a 10750 model, non serrated. sits in my pocket all day long

Men are funny creatures!

I was thinking kitchen knives!

I'm not allowed to use sharp knives anymore. I wanted new knives for the kitchen like they use on Food Network. Hubby went and got me a nice, sharp knife... he gets it home, I admire it, then proceed to nearly cut my finger off when I was trying to wash it. It was sharp, that's for sure! :redface:

• Agree
Reactions: JPS
I have several Benchmades and a small Sebenza (Chris Reeve Knives). Never took any pictures of any of them though.

Men are funny creatures!

I'm not allowed to use sharp knives anymore. I wanted new knives for the kitchen like they use on Food Network. Hubby went and got me a nice, sharp knife... he gets it home, I admire it, then proceed to nearly cut my finger off when I was trying to wash it. It was sharp, that's for sure! :redface:

I've had my fair share of run ins with my Wusthof knives in the kitchen too, but I'll tell you, I wouldn't use anything less! LOVE I mean LOVE the Wusthof knives I have!

Knives, I love them.:smile:

in the kitchen I use global knives. Great blades and keep a good edge, I just don't let the wife use them.

Sold most of my collection a while back, but keep a few

General everyday knife is a benchmade mini afck
I also have a pre production prototype Mike Lamprey stainless Damascus blade with titanium bolsters and ceramic bearings, I love this and although it never feels really sharp it is. I also have a kewshaw limited edition damacus bootdagger which is numbered and comes with the certificate signed by the bladesmith.

I had a Randall (and a Rolex :smile:) when I was in the Army about a 100 years ago. Sold the Randall for $800, the Rolex for $3,700, and bought the 200/2 :biggrin:

For me a nice knife is for the kitchen, too. My favorite are my 7 and 5 in Wustoff Classic Santukos. Very versatlie and well balanced. I learned how to properly use a shapening steel just for these two knives, but they still go to a pro two or three times a year.

I've also had more than one messy encounter with a Wustoff, though my most often cause of blood loss in the kitchen is my mandolin slicer!

Men are funny creatures!

No, this thread isn’t about kitchen knives. I have Henckles in the kitchen, and my other half always seems to be wearing a band aid cause she cut herself. I’ve never taken a photo of kitchen knives. :biggrin:

Seems like a few own good knives, but Where Are The Photos? :confused:

original.jpg

Spyderco makes a decent knife though I have never personally cared for them. My daily carry knife is a CRKT Denali that has taken quite a bit of abuse. I also have a almost 30 year old Swiss Army knife that has metal grips instead of plastic.

And I'm fairly decent at throwing knives as well.

I have a set of Forchner French design for the kitchen, 12,10,8,6,4" blades.

They are not made anymore, but the French design slices food rather than mashing it like the German ones sold today. They have a taper to the point blade in an almost straight line. The German ones curve because you are supposed to "rock" the knife.

I have a few Swiss Army pocket knives, small ones.

If you ever get a chance to see how Samuri swords are made on PBS, don`t miss it.
I takes about four skilled craftsmen six months to make one, one to make the steel alloys, one to make the blade like a blacksmith, another to put the design on it and heat treat it, another to sharpen it properly.

It is amazing these peope knew how to carburise steel with charcoal 500 years ago. I am sure they did not know why they were doing it, just that it worked.

The blade is made by wrapping a soft steel around a brittle hard seel core. The long curve is put in with the heat treating process where it is warped. The warp allows a slicing action when you drag it thru the air. A decent Samuri can cut your head off in one stroke.

Like I said, don`t miss it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom