Kodachrome, Nothing Like It...

Some recents from June and July...I love it every time I spill them onto the light table, I curse them every time I try to scan them. Sometimes the very slim DR is a bonus, sometimes it is a curse. When it is gone, a very unique way of looking at the world will be gone too. Time does move on.
Our local swimmin' hole...
Leica MP, 35mm f1.2 Voigtlander Nokton
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Bodie in Technacolor!
Leica MP, 21mm f1.4 Summilux

My Kitchen Looks Good!

Bodie Octopus

Radiant

Wood

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mark! It certainly has its own signature. Check B&H and click the 'notify when in stock' button. It's actually showing up more and more often as the initial crush of get-it-while-you-can orders have slowed substantially. A local retailer here in Sacramento has it in stock.

Very nice images Tim, very nice indeed. This is also the landscape where it belongs

I will be shooting some KC 25 this afternoon at an outdoor music festival :)

nice tim! the kitchen shot is my favorite, i love it. it's amazing you even caught the nuances of the peeling wallpaper above the door. also really like #1 :smile:

I see your images and wonder why the demand for Kodachrome went away.
That's an easy one. The dynamic range sucks. Shooting a dark colored dog on a sunny day is just about impossible. Another roll I got back was shot all with a 200mm lens at the lake, even with compressed scenes, it's still tough to not loose a ton of shadows. Velvia is limited as well, but no where near what Kodachrome is. And scanning really is a pain, all of these have needed levels, curves, and shadow/highlight adjustments in PS. I've scanned KR64 with a Coolscan IV, 5000, 9000 and a couple of different flatbeds and it's always a struggle. I'm getting better at it...after 8 years...:rolleyes:

Very nice images Tim, very nice indeed. This is also the landscape where it belongs

I will be shooting some KC 25 this afternoon at an outdoor music festival :)
As many in this forum will attest...I live too close to Bodie:biggrin::rolleyes:
I haven't shot it in color in a long while, I was walking around about to leave when I realized I had a roll of Kodachome in my bag and thought...hey! shoot some KR in Bodie! I think it looks right at home. Bodie was dieing just as Kodachrome was introduced. I hope you post some of your 25 shots, I've only got two rolls left.

dude. You've got to do some dusting!
:Wink:
Ya think?:biggrin: I'm struggling with dust on my negatives...any thoughts???:tongue:

nice tim! the kitchen shot is my favorite, i love it. it's amazing you even caught the nuances of the peeling wallpaper above the door. also really like #1 :smile:
Thanks!
That one surprised me. I usually struggle with this shot unless I throw some flash on it as I can never figure what to focus on and you're always wide open with this shot with natural light. This time I picked the lantern and it seems to have worked.

You live too close to Bodie, I live too far. With my luck the state will lock it up until they get their financial house in order. Death Valley will freeze up in the summer before that is liable to happen. :frown:

Great shots. I have never managed to make it to Bodie. There were always too many distractions along the way, so we never did get up there. You have managed to show the wonders of K'Chrome. I have been busy scanning old ones that my late wife had squirreled away. Still great saturation after fifty years. Makes you wish that they still made the stuff in LF, the stopped about 1951. Keep 'em coming.

Wow, absolutely nice images! I like the kitchen shot, (maid on vacation?) but really like
Radiant and Wood, too. Excellent work as usual, Tim!

KC and the Stealthman, sounds like a band. ;o)

Real Name
Chris
Ya think?:biggrin: I'm struggling with dust on my negatives...any thoughts???:tongue:
Canned air - worth it's weight in freon. I go through a lot of it when I am wet printing, also a camel hair brush for the sticky ones. Keep the air still in your work room, and use a humidifier to keep it at 50% RH. Dry your film in a filtered cabinet, and don't walk around with them unnecessarily.

Believe it or not, they actually teach this stuff at my school. Realize though, this is a "do as I say, not as I do" situation. My house is the dust bunny capitol!

Real Name
Heiko
These are wonderful shots. I like all of them. While I don't have a film camera anymore, these pictures make me want to use the NIK film filters more often.

I once heard of a non existing place named 'California City' where are like a bunch of roads but no houses were build.

Would that be an interesting location for shooting some KC ?http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=california+city,+ca&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=us&ei=LqeASoPIFZLQsQPS-5yBCQ&ll=35.185033,-117.836609&spn=1.106647,2.469177&t=h&z=9&iwloc=A

I still have a plan for (re)shooting some locations on old KC images like this one http://www.shorpy.com/node/4484?size=_original This building still exist when you look at Google Maps http://maps.google.nl/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=nl&geocode=&q=Rackham+Memorial+Building&sll=42.357404,-83.064019&sspn=0.001552,0.003484&ie=UTF8&radius=0.09&filter=0&rq=1&ev=zi&ll=42.357793,-83.06352&spn=0.001552,0.003484&t=h&z=19

I think it would be cool making KC images from like the same locations as then but with 67 years in between. But I have to hurry, next year will be the last to do it :mad:

Hah! I remember California City! It was highly touted as a "Great place to live and bring up your family" in the 1950's It never really got off the ground. As you can see from the map it is in the middle of nowhere. I don't know anyone who actually lived there, probably mostly desert rats and prospectors. Might be a fun project.

That first shot is simply amazing. I have been impressed by Leica glass, but that shot has nothing to do with the glass. Superb.

Daniel

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom