Kodachrome. Show Us!!!

Blue Water, Yellowstone NP, 2001
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Bill! I hope others will continue to contribute, but I'll suck it up and carry it alone if I have too...:biggrin: I shot a roll and a half today, went a few places on the trail I haven't been before, had some hazy light so who knows, did some portrait work on Max with the M6 and the 50 Lux when the sun shone through. Hoping by Monday I've got six rolls to send to Dwayne's, going back to last fall. Unfortunately, I've missed the fall colors in the high country and will have to go to Sacramento to see if I can scare up some color. I ruptured a disc in August, haven't been more than a 15 minute car ride from home since. :frown: It has put a bit of a cramp in my style. Cost me Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this year, big bummer.

Man, that cat. Really kind of sad, she had terrible hair ball problems, liked to scat everywhere but the litter box, hid in the closet her whole life. I sometimes wondered if she wasn't a bit mentally disabled.

Blue Water hangs in my downstairs bathroom....:tongue:

This Kodachrome was taken at Wellesley College in 1956 by my late wife.

Blue Water hangs in my downstairs bathroom....:tongue:
Love that one as well, and am glad you haven't opted to follow the dog around
for the 'yellow snow' shots.:tongue:

Sorry to hear your troubles, Tim, ruptured disc, ouch. When you're up to it,
would like see more from that slick Bessa III of yours, so I can drool some more.:biggrin:

Michael, excellent one from your late wife! Wow, 1956, I was 6 years old, then.

Ha, HA! I hoped I could shame someone into posting! 54 years young and still looking wonderful!:smile: Ya know, there are a lot of museum curators and National Parks people who ain't none too thrilled about the demise of Kodachrome. I spoke to a lady at Canyon de Chelly earlier this year who was a ranger there and they were very upset and had NO replacement identified yet. They used Kodachrome exclusively for archival documentation.

Love that one as well, and am glad you haven't opted to follow the dog around
for the 'yellow snow' shots.:tongue:

Sorry to hear your troubles, Tim, ruptured disc, ouch. When you're up to it,
would like see more from that slick Bessa III of yours, so I can drool some more.:biggrin:

Michael, excellent one from your late wife! Wow, 1956, I was 6 years old, then.
Thanks Bill, could be worse...but I should be caught up on my scanning by now...:redface: Still behind developing too. Jeez, one final BW roll to do from June in Yellowstone and a whole slew of color negative...:rolleyes: And a stack of 8x10s to scan as well from early in the year...cripes!:biggrin: Yea, and I'd love to get out and shoot the Bessa as well.

Borah Peak, highest mountain in Idaho, 2002.

Actually about due east of Stanley in the Lemhi range. The Lemhi is a very pretty desert range that I used to love to shoot in my short stay during the '80s. Vast, barren, and really great skies often...and some cool ghost towns too. Steakhouse in Mackay shouldn't be missed for prime rib on Fridays!:tongue: Just southeast of this area, one drainage over is a dirt bikers dream, with the Lemhi on one side of the valley and the Lost River Range on the other, there are miles and miles of motorcycle trails above 10k feet connecting old abandoned mines and mining camps. Unlike most places it's steep up the sides, then fairly flat on top which makes for some really nice riding...but the wind is brutal.:eek: Always used to ask myself, 'what kind of masochistic SOB would live on this danged blamin' windy arsed ridge?':biggrin:

Another Yosemite Falls shot...from another place yer not really supposed to be. Slippery as hell from here and somewhere in those rocks is a nice Nikon 77mm lens cap from my 17-35 f2.8...:cool:

Or a complete lack of brain cells...:biggrin: Only another 1000 feet of cascades and vertical drop to go from here...The one thing the photo does no justice to is the wind in this area. If you've been to the base of the Lower Falls and felt the 'breeze' the 320 foot drop creates you've got a feel for the gale the 1400 foot drop generates.

Max and his Mama, 2003

Not Quite Peak, Hope Valley, California, 2006

Last three are gorgeous photos, too, Tim! Love the colors and that lonely
conifer sticking up above the rest in the last. Nice work! :biggrin:

Is there going to be a Kodachrome wake in January? :Bohoo:

1985?: From Governors Island New York Minolta X700, a really cheap zoom and cheaper teleconverter on top of a wobbly department store tripod. (I really had a great time shooting this and can still remember the day vividly even if I don't remember the year!)

Must've been 1985 because that was the last time I was in NYC and I captured this on my Nikon EM!

I find Kodachrome quite liberating!:biggrin:
Santa Ynez Valley, Ca 2005

Thanks Nate!
10,000 Vertical Feet

So many awesome images! I have a flickr friend who has 3 rolls of Kodachrome, exp 3/2010
36exp, that he wants to sell for $20 plus $4.95 shipping. If any one is interested, PM me. I
realize the window is very narrow to get this used and dev'd by Dwayne's.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom