Kodachrome. Show Us!!!

Thanks Bill! I ended up shipping out 7 rolls on Friday, found an exposed orphan on Saturday of K25, still have a couple rolls to shoot in the next couple weeks.
Alabama Hills (Mt. Whitney is extreme far right)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yosemite Falls in May during a good water year.

I can't look at this without thinking about the below scene beginning at 1:32, That's a 1500ft waterfall shooting water a quarter mile out from the drop. Perspective is not perfect, but for those who have been there or next time you're there, imagine the amount of water it would take to fill the entire V-notch at the brink. First time I saw this, the guy who shot it was narrating, said they were terrified, the sound of the falls was so loud the windows continuously rattled in their frames...and this is towards Ahwahnee, which is a good mile (?) away!
Yosemite 1997 New Years Flood

Longchamp Palace, Marseille, France

Redneck Heaven

Yesterday I got 7 boxes of slides from Dwayne's! This was from last fall in the June Lake area.
Included in the film returned was a box of slides shot in the '80s in Munich by a friends late mother. Faded, but color corrected well, but lots of mold spots...couple pics worth saving and showing, but oh the spotting is laborious...

Shot this spring vacation. Kodachrome basin, on K64. I shot 4 rolls and gave one away. Not sure if the other roll will get shot up or not. I can only hope.

I have a few more up on a set here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lordofstars/sets/72157623925342009/with/5204618450/

I've never been to Kodachrome Basin. Got to get there someday. Really want to get back to Utah this spring. Great shot!

Spring, Death Valley 2005

The Road to Whitney Portal

Hey Tim:

From France to the redneck trailer. You really captured both ends of the cultural spectrum! Diggin' both of them, but the France shot is really special.

Nate

This thread is filled with some amazing work! Thank you all for sharing. I'm a newb to film(just shot my first roll of 35mm last week) and today I shot my first and last roll of Kodachrome! I am utterly anxious to get them back....maybe I'll end up with a shot worthy enough for this thread. :smile:

I have no doubt you will Francis. Look forward to it!
Thanks Nate, Hope you are doing well. Well this thread may last longer than Kodachrome does, because I found about 6 rolls, I hadn't sorted through before...:wink::rolleyes: As this really is the last weekend to shoot with any certainty it will get to Dwayne's by regular mail on time, I'll post this one...'cause, we're going to have some really crappy skies for the next week, hope my last Kodachromes aren't of me floating away...
Somewhere in Central Idaho, 2001

West Face, Grand Teton

Gateway to the Eastern Sierra

Thule Greenland 195?

Dennis, thank you so much for sharing that! Olive drab cans and an 'Ace Auto Electric' pin up girl. That is just so cool!
Munich Girl, early '80s, from a roll found at the bottom of a box, recently developed by Dwayne's. A roll of Ektachrome, same time period, completely faded. Shot by a good friend's late mother with a Nikon F2AS and 50 f1.4 AIS.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom