Kodachrome. Show Us!!!

Tomorrow is that fateful day.:frown:
The Race Track
5304978683_05de356094_b.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This may well have been one of the last shots I made on Kodachrome--I believe it was in the early 90's (92-93) along the Pend Oreille River in NE Washington state. Nikon FM, and some version of a Tamron (28-200? perhaps). shot from a boat so I'm thinking push processed.
Scanned by Jim Harrington (MA) and I've "played" with it since.

4606701-md.jpg

rusty.jpg

Well apparently it's Kodak that's stopping making chemicals for K14 processing. I think Dwayne's would love to keep processing Kodachrome. At 700 rolls a day @ $10 a roll that's a significant hit to a small business. Maybe someone else will start making the chemicals... never know. I may start buying up some KC just in case.

Dennis

This may well have been one of the last shots I made on Kodachrome--I believe it was in the early 90's (92-93) along the Pend Oreille River in NE Washington state. Nikon FM, and some version of a Tamron (28-200? perhaps). shot from a boat so I'm thinking push processed.
Scanned by Jim Harrington (MA) and I've "played" with it since.

Lovely! Just not possible on other slide films.

Gruene, Texas. M5, 90mm Elmarit-M (last version), Kodachrome 64.

One thing I'll always regret is not having shot night scenes on K-64. With its wide DR, there is some awesome stuff out there. Imagine telling a 20 YO today, to shoot the D7000 at ISO 64 at night...:biggrin: Great shot!

That's just friggin' awesome!:smile:

Myself and another photographer at work marked the passing this morning at work. Incredibly, the sun has set on Kodachrome.

5308799236_d043f8b946_b.jpg

i forgot to use my last roll :(

RIP kodachrome

5308506299_595fb0232c.jpg

Boy, if this thread won't get you inspired, nothing will. Nice shots everyone.

Well Roman, I didn't get though all mine either. Wish I could have shot some today though as we had magnificent clouds.
Badwater Basin
5317841889_351e2efebd_b.jpg

Hi Guys,

I recently found this thread and I love it. As a Kodachrome user until the last week or so I still miss them a lot.

What I recently come up with is buying old KC's from eBay. The older the better, just to see how marvelous those slides keep up after all those years. Now I've bought 3 really old ones (or at least they are sold so) one from 1939 and 2 dated early 1940 being slides from a football game.

I want to share one with you so you can see how your last shot KC's will look like in 2080 or so :smile: and I am also interested if anyone can tell something about this game. Since I am from the Netherlands US Football does not ring a bell over here. It seems like the public is mixed, on the left there are people with colored clothes but in the middle the people seem to have army clothes on. Any ideas whats on the scene or what stadium this is ?

The link to the large scan is here, it is not very well taken care of in terms of dust-removal but you can actually see the names of the clubs on the score board. http://www.midia.nl/diversen/kodachrome/old/image1.jpg

image1-crop.jpg

That is an American football game between the University of Southern California (USC) and the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) - a fierce rivalry. The stadium is the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. By the clothes the people are wearing I would date this from the late '40's or 50's.

Thanks guys ! LA Memorial Coliseum it is indeed, nice find.

So wonderful to scan these slides with modern technology, I've got a couple of 100's from the early 60's from a round trip in the States. It is very nice seeing all those history appear on your screen.

A nice thread. I began shooting slides shortly after I bought my first 35mm camera, and most of them were Kodachromes. So I've got a ton of 'em. Thus it's really hard to narrow things down to just a few.

Fire eater. This is a crop from about 1/4 of the original 35mm slide. 1984.
fire_eater1a.jpg

Manhattan Beach Pier at Sunset, ca. 1988.
manbchpier1.jpg

Townhomes. I like this shot because it shows that Kodachrome is capable of accurate renderings of pastel colors as well as the bright ones. December, 2010.
townhomes1.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom