1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Kodak Joins Cryptocurrency Craze with ‘KODAKCoin’, Stock Surges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Panther, Jan 10, 2018.

1. I read that yesterday....an interesting concept. Seems like all you have to do is mention "blockchain" or "cryptocurrency" in a press release these days and the public goes gonzo over your stock.

Sean

2. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    And in other news, Ford is going to begin making the Edsel again.

3. When did they stop? :cautious: 

4. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
  5. TonyW

TonyW

Jan 15, 2010
    UK
  6. Growltiger

Growltiger Administrator Administrator

I totally agree. When confidence is lost and the crash comes everyone will say they always knew it would happen, that it was a new sort of Ponzi scheme, why didn't the government do something and so on.

If I had any I would sell them immediately. I suspect the creator of each cryptocurrency gradually sells their initial holdings, pockets the profits and then keeps well clear.

Having said that there are genuine sensible uses for blockchain technology, but cryptocurrencies is not one of them.

7. I liked the Dpreview comment about no its not the 1st of April

and Kodak's stock went from 0 to nothing....

8. I agreed! I guess I would view this whole "trend" as anything else new and hot... I am not one to jump in on it... those who want to risk their $$$, fine. I will take the wait and see approach, as these things usually balance out. If it's not to be, the market will tank. If it is, then it will last, and while the crazy gains won't be the same (nor will the potential crazy losses), if it's going to last, it will eventually settle into a value that it can/will maintain long-term.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. rick_reno

rick_reno

Dec 3, 2012
    N Idaho
    I know someone who tried to short them last night, broker couldn't find any available.

10. This is a big scam. I've dealt with the people who are starting this. Not trustworthy at all.

11. That's awfully curmudgeonly. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12. I agree! Apologies to any and all Ford fans. Just could resist.

13. Not being critical, just snarky. As one curmudgeon to another, you know, professional courtesy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.